Terry Wogan in France????

glacier1

I miss Radio 2 in France!  Did anyboy see the click report on BBC News on the American technology convention?  It was talking about a new car radio that connects to the internet via your mobile phone, allows you to listen to any music channel from the world that's available through the internet anywhere with a mobile signal in France.  Costing was around 400 euro for the radio.  I would love to listen to BBC Radio 2 in my car loool.  I hate cherie fm's adverts!

Any thoughts?  I will try and find the link.

Seems like an extraordinarily expensive way to listen to the radio.

Consider, 400 euros for the radio, plus 19 to 69 euros per month for the 3G contract (SFR prices given) and that will get you a whole 3.6 Mbit/S  and capped to 2 or 3 Gbyte per month.  Also if you go over a border and forget to turn it off you will be stung for huge roaming charges.

Now, all you really need to do is get a 3G contract (no getting away from that) and plug a 3G enabled Notebook/webbook/PDA/phone into the auxilary input of your normal car radio and stream away!  Still got the problem with borders though.

that's a great idea, didn't occure to me that a 3g notebook/pda etc would operate the radio, you are dead right! [:D] 400 euro will become 320 euro in 6 months, then copies of it will be made by other operators, this is the end of boring radio stations, it's the future of in car radio!  I hope they invent one which has an internet connection already fitted to it.  The US/Canada has sat radio in cars thanks to XM Radio, it downloads radio stations to the car if you are within range.  Maybe that will come as an option to France.  Fiat has started fitting cars with this type of radio, which uses: ( http://www.1worldspace.com/ ).  It's the world wide web revolution to in car radios. 

We have quite recently discovered that we can receive radio 4 longwave on our car radio in Deux sevres (79).  it's a bit dodgy when you are driving past big overhead cables or in town centres - but it is really sureal (sp?) to drive around rural France listening to the Archers or womans Hour.........

I heard about that on a place in the sun!  Have you ever seen him walking about?  Or does he keep away from praying eyes [:P] I do get BBC World service (just about), just have to watch out for over-head cables which create massive static noise in the car. 

Question.  What's the best way to listen to UK radio throughout the house from the sky box?  Is it possible to put speakers in the celing?