Very Urgent Question

powerdesal

We have bought a new car in France, due for collection tomorrow. The registration is **WWQ 50. The dealer is in 50 area, we live in 50 area.

Is this reg a permanent or temporary plate, I have read / heard of 'WW' plates before as being temporary.

I really need an urgent reply from anyone if possible, as SWMBO is due in Dealers place tomorrow morning.

Thanks, in advance.

Check your permanent Carte Gris when you get it - I didn't for a year or so and it was registered to someone else. I can only hope I got some speeding tickets in that period.

I got the garage to sort it out as they had supplied the Carte Gris.

Why is it called a Carte Gris when its not grey and it's named a Certificat d'immatriculation?

Dog, the" carte grise" is always grey .What is the colour of yours ? And the real name is " certificat d'immatriculation " . Certainly, we use this term " carte grise" , because it is shorter ( and perhaps  for  drivers  who were illitrate  in the past ; ( an hypothesis )...

[quote user="carmelle"]Dog, the" carte grise" is always grey .What is the colour of yours ? And the real name is " certificat d'immatriculation " . Certainly, we use this term " carte grise" , because it is shorter ( and perhaps  for  drivers  who were illitrate  in the past ; ( an hypothesis )...[/quote]

I is illiterate and may be I is color blind as all  my Carte Grise are pale blue.

I have real problems pronouncing grise. They always laugh at me when I go for a gas bottle and ask for a botteile de gas grise.

The garage will sort out the change of carte grise.  Whether or not there is a change of department number or not you still have to pay the statutory sum for a new carte grise (change of ownership) and that depends on the value of the car. We have purchased 7 cars in seven years [:$] and it has always been sorted by the garage and we have had to pay the necessary sum seperate from any negotiations on the price of the car (often on a seperate cheque).

Update.

Re the 15 days for WW plates, the dealer reckons about a month for the permanent registration.

SWMBO is well impressed with new car but says the manual is worse than the UK VAT guide to read, and as thick. (anyone who has had the misfortune to wade through the VAT guide will know what I mean)

WW plates are no longer available from 15th April when the new registration system comes in. I would think your's will remain valid but normally a new registartion only takes a few days through the dealer, the delay being caused by the changeover to the new system.

I see our Prefecture (24) is shut for CGs on the 14th to get ready for the changeover but I don't suppose that will be the end of it.

New plates for 'ocassions' don't start until June 15th

• 1 month later...