Spanish car import to France.

jo

[quote user="allanb"][quote user="gosub"]If you don't have the correct documents, I don't think it will make any difference where you go.[/quote]But it seems that not all offices agree about what the "correct" CoC is.

But I was told later that Agen would not have required that.

[/quote]

But you didn't go to Agen and ask them, so it's irrelevant. We have all heard similar stories.

I have been to Marmande at least 5 times and have always come away with the carte gris without any problems.

I re-registered a Spanish car a couple of years ago [A Ssangyong Musso]. Although the Spanish registration document clearly showed the 'e number' [ie the certificate of conformity], the Prefecture wouldn't accept it and insisted on a full CoC. I went to DRIRE who completed a dossier which was then forwarded to the Prefecture. This was cheaper than getting a CoC from the manufacturer.

Of course, the Prefectures are supposed to accept that the 'e number' on the registration document IS the CoC, but YOU try telling them that!

[quote user="gosub"]I have been to Marmande at least 5 times and have always come away with the carte grise without any problems.

[/quote]

Well, good for you.  But unless your car was made outside the EU and

you only had the original (non-French) CoC, your experience doesn't necessarily help with the OP's question.

My point was simply that there is some doubt about which version of the CoC will be required, and a phone call could save an unnecessary journey.