Telepeage Doofers and Airport Security Checks

Delta Wizard

Hi

I have just got a Telepeage doofer and was thinking of taking it with me on the plane to use in the hire car.  Has anybody tried this? Did the security screening affect the doofer at all?

BTW I did not realise that the doofer had to be fixed to the "black dotted area" at the top of the screen otherwise it will not work ( a very helpful telepeage lady explained this after mine failed to activate!).

Thanks

I dont know if different cars have different types of windscreens and I think that I remember something about the Ford heated windscreen causing problems but I just sort of waved mine in the general direction from both passenger and driver side and it seemed to work. (BMW)

No problem with airport security - I just drop it in my hand baggage. Been through dozens of times. No foil packet or anything - lost those years ago.

As for windscreens those which are athermic (like a Peugot 406 my wife once had) will block the signal - as it did for her Dart Tag and her Road Angel so had to buy an aerial for it - and as Stan says you just hold it out of the window and point it towards the reader on the toll gantry. The part of the screen with black spots is supposed to be free of the athermic filter but I have to say that rarely worked in my wife's old car.

Andy

I have used mine in 4 different vehicles and have merely "waved" it through the windscreen in each case and lo and behold up goes the barrier.

I could not have it fixed as it goes with me in different vehicles, although I understand one can order more holders.

WendyG