New car buy, here or UK

CeeJay

I am very interested in buying the new Citroen C5, however on checking prices it would appear that there is quite a significant difference between France and UK. The equivalent model in France is about £8000 dearer.

However if I buy in the UK this will obviously present problems when I come to register it here, I am thinking of having to change the lights over for the CT.

Is this a realistic option or am I thinking nonsense here.

[quote user="Ceejay"]I am very interested in buying the new Citroen C5, however on checking prices it would appear that there is quite a significant difference between France and UK. The equivalent model in France is about £8000 dearer.

However if I buy in the UK this will obviously present problems when I come to register it here, I am thinking of having to change the lights over for the CT.

Is this a realistic option or am I thinking nonsense here.

[/quote]

Yes it is cheaper to purchase in the UK, but the cost of re-registering and changing the headlights,not cheap, will be high, especially with a new car. Also I believe that there is a VAT liability if you import a new car into France, when you buy the car in the UK you will have to pay one years road Tax. Next you must factor in that second hand value is much higher in France. I have been offered £2000 in the Uk for my 10 year old car, if it was "French" in France I would get around 6000Euro. Do your research carefully.

i have also looked into this as we want to get a new car soon and its cheaper outside of france,we brought our current car over from england and a left hand drive.The company in england we used is in basingstoke and they will evan deliver to france for you,just put lhd cars in the search engine and they all come up.