Selling a Campervan

e-griff

I intend to sell my (french) campervan through a local garage partially so as not to put off French buyers who are spooked by English. They've said yes, but we haven't discussed any details. Does anyone know what kind of deal is normal in this case? (ie payment to the garage ...)

• 11 months later...

Depot de ventes sell your vehicles for a commision.

Dunno what they'd charge for a camper but I bought my Kawasaki from a motorcycle shop that charges just 50 euros to put the bike in their shop and sell it for you.

Why didn't you ask when discussing the idea it is kinda important?

well, I'd like to know the form before I wander in and discuss it - understand what is normal. Then I can tell if what they say is okay. Just getting clued-up so we are on the same wavelength. It's something the French do that usually doesn't happen in the UK.

• 1 month later...
I see that Paru Vendu put their stuff on the internet but it costs a bit to advertise with them. You can also get an idea of the van's value with a link. How did you work that out ?

You can get your ad in for a fixed price and they keep it on until it's sold so it might work out a better bet. Did you see that ?

Am going to ring or go and see one of the depot ventes this week to find out the deals.

Have never sold a vehicle before - a bit of a girly there so will be interested to find out the best way.