Selling second hand vehicle

Deauville

I've got someone interested in buying my campingcar and I'm pretty sure I've got a handle on the documents required but I'm a little confused now about the CT. My understanding is that any second hand vehicle being sold must have a CT valid for at least 6 months, mine has 12 months to run HOWEVER the guy who wants it says that when he comes to re-register it he will only get 6 months before he needs to have it re-tested but if I get a full 2 yr ticket all will be well - is he correct or is he trying to stiff me?

[quote user="Deauville"]My understanding is that any second hand vehicle being sold must have a CT valid for at least 6 months, mine has 12 months to run...[/quote]No, I think you are required to give the buyer a CT not more than 6 months old, which is different.  If yours has only 12 months to run, it must be about 12 months old - so you can't legally sell the car (except to a dealer) without getting another one done.

Thanks to you both - as ever the advice to all must be "don't listen to what someone thinks is the right way - ask someone who KNOWS!) The value of forum sites like this cannot be overstated, they are packed full of people who really know what they are talking about - thanks again