Returning with car to UK

Carole

Am returning to UK with French registered car for probably about two months. Does one have to do anything about the lights and speedo or can you drive on the French ones.

Pacifica have said that it is ok to drive in the UK on their car insurance, I presume that is correct.

[quote user="Carole"]Am returning to UK with French registered car for probably about two months. Pacifica have said that it is ok to drive in the UK on their car insurance, I presume that is correct.[/quote]

It might be a good idea to take with you some documentation (eg things like utilities bills, bank statements etc) so that it is clear that your main residence is still in France, just in case (probably an outside chance) you attract the attention of the police or customs.

Regards

Pickles

[quote user="Carole"]

Pacifica have said that it is ok to drive in the UK on their car insurance, I presume that is correct.[/quote]

It depends what you, or they, mean by "OK".

If you have a valid French motor policy you can certainly legally drive in the UK, i.e. you automatically have the legally required liability insurance.  This is guaranteed by international agreement.  (But make sure you carry your insurance certificate as evidence that the policy exists.)

As for the other kinds of cover that are not legally required (e.g. loss, accidental damage, theft, breakdown, etc) you can only find this out by asking Pacifica, or by reading your policy.  Policies are not all the same.  

You may jest.  But why else do people ask on a forum whether their insurance covers something?  

If you do a bit of browsing I think you'll find many questions like "does French insurance cover XXX?" - to which, very often, the only useful answer is "nobody on the forum knows; look at your policy, or ask your broker."