EU certificate of conformity

ngh

Can anyone help. I have just Bought a Citroen Picasso hdi exclusive 2003 from England. I thought the certificate was in the service book. But no it isn't and Citroen want 140 euro for one. What a rip off. has anyone imported a picasso and if so can they give any help.

I thought we were organised.

Cheers

Nichthewood

When we arrived from the UK in 2006 with our 2001 Citroen we went into the s/Prefecture with our UK log book. They were immediately able to input the Vin Number from the log book into their computer database for Citroen, which after all is French. From this they established that our vehicle conformed. For this service we were not charged one penny...Try that route first and let us know how it goes..

• 1 month later...
Just a quick follow up. I managed to register the car on Friday at Poitiers prefecture, without a certificate of conformity!!!!! Just told the lady that the relevant number was on the V5C and it was.

This was on a Citroen Picasso 2003.

Nichthewood

• 4 months later...
Please can someone tell me what DRIRE is (see earlier messages in this thread)?

I need to register my Citroen Berlingo here and wondered what the best way forward is these days and DRIRE doesn't appear to exist as a government body these days.  It would be nice to be able to sort it all out here rather than having to get a certificate of conformity from the UK only to find they won't accept it here.

Any advice would be very gratefully received!  We do have the full log book so hoping this might help and as it's a Citroen I'd hope there's not too much problem!

Thanks as ever all you brains out there!

Pix [:)]

The answer to registering your car is in the last post - possibly !

Some prefectures are (correctly) accepting the V5C without a separate C of C so go and try your luck. If it's a no go then don't forget that you no longer have to register in your own prefecture, or even department, so you might think about traveling to another where they are more switched on [;-)]

Note to Mods:
Might it be an idea to have an addendum to the sticky about registering mentioning the fact that the V5C SHOULD be acceptable and listing the departments where it is known that it is ?

Poitiers and Cahors are two to get the ball rolling [;-)]

[quote user="AnOther"]

Note to Mods:
Might it be an idea to have an addendum to the sticky about registering mentioning the fact that the V5C SHOULD be acceptable and listing the departments where it is known that it is ?

Poitiers and Cahors are two to get the ball rolling [;-)]

[/quote]

In the case of my Fiat the V5C should have been acceptable in Cahors but wasn't. And the local DRIRE was no use, either.

John

Oh dear it doesn't sound too promising does it?  I'll try my luck at the centre des impots in Mortain this afternoon (Basse Normandie) and let you know how I get on.

Just phoned Citroen UK and they will supply me with a French certificate of conformity for the princely sum of £100.

Thanks for all your help so far!!!

Pix[:-))]

I can jubilantly report that after visiting the Hotel des Impots at Mortain I was advised that my paperwork should be acceptable at the Prefecture (St. Lo) and when I went there to present my documents the kind lady asked me for the Certificat de Conformite and I replied that it was in the Registration Document to which she replied "Ah oui, pardon" and duly completed the slip to allow us a carte grise without having to pay Citroen UK £100 for a French translation of the C de C.

Will keep you posted when next week we try to register a German BMW on temporary plates - hopefully we'll get through again as the car is only 4 years old and I am told the age of the vehicle can be a significant stumbling block.

Thank you to all who have helped me with this problem and good luck to all those who go after me!!!

Pix [B]

[quote user="Pixie Toadstool"]Oh dear it doesn't sound too promising does it?  I'll try my luck at the centre des impots in Mortain this afternoon (Basse Normandie) and let you know how I get on.

Just phoned Citroen UK and they will supply me with a French certificate of conformity for the princely sum of £100.

Thanks for all your help so far!!!

Pix[:-))]

[/quote]

Cannot understand why anyone should ask for a French CofC when it is a European document whatever language it is written in.

Just to add - we are having to also get a Certificate of Acquisition at the local Centre des Impots to proove that the VAT (TVA) has been paid on the vehicle and that has to be presented when you apply for the Carte Grise!

And today our neighbour registered their car at Limoges and had to pay an Eco tax of 324 euros!!!!!! Their car is a 2004 registered 2.4 Volvo. Someone their had a Volvo XC90 and they had to pay close to 1000 euros - this is a new one to us.

[quote user="AnOther"]

Note to Mods:

Sticky could do with an update and the link to the fee chart is dead.

[/quote]

agree, an up date with refs to the current cerfa form etc would be good, also advice on how to get a CG de collection for cars over 30 years old for those who don't know about it.

-AnOther - I did read the sticky but there is no mention of the Eco tax - I was not phased by the need for the Certificate of Attestation - I merely mentioned it because it never seems to be mentioned as important - the sticky is several years old and I need to contact the DRIRE office for the Certificate of Conformity - we are not all gods - many are simply human beings, trying to do the right thing - I simply pasted about the eco tax as I do not recall it being mentioned. The homework has been done - along with my OU French and Spanish courses - but there is sooo much to take in when you move to France, and being superior to others doesn't help. If you had simply phrased it as - check the sticky, there might be more help there, I would not be cross! That is after having spent time still looking on the nternet for the DRIRE office in the Limousin/Haute Vienne area -it doesn't seem to exist to be able to download the document!!!(Keni - C- OH).

It wasn't my intent to upset you but if you had, as you say, read the albeit outdated sticky, the reference to the quitus is amongst the first items mentioned which makes it even more puzzling that it caught you out and you could of course have asked if you were unsure as to whether it was still valid or not. I have never heard of it being called a 'certificate of acquisition' BTW, where has that term come from ?

Regarding the eco tax, this is not germain to the registration process itself and is simply a question of stumping up €xxx if required given which it could be argued to have no real place in the sticky, except perhaps as an advisory footnote.

Not sure you need a form for the DRIRE just the documents mentioned here,

http://www.ville-chauny.fr/pdf/piece_a_joindre_carte_grise.pdf

I think the vehicle will be classified as new if has not previously been registered in France.

Why do you think you need to go to the DRIRE?

If it's a UK sourced vehicle the V5C should be acceptable without a separate C of C although some prefectures don't seem to have accepted the fact yet.

Bonne chance

Note:We were given a 'Certificate of Acquistion' today at the Centre des Impots to prove the VAt had been paid. No charge, but they need the original purchase receipt otherwise they say that they might charge TVA (VAT). We have to give our registration details, mileage and they took copies of passport and V5C and they required details of a household bill - EDF.

Looking at the website you showed, our car is secondhand (occasion) and is regarded as etranger - according to that requirement on the form, a Certificate of Conformity is not even mentioned in that section - so are we being demanded of, for something that is not needed?

The reason we are trying to contact DRIRE is to get a 'certificate of Conformity ' or equivalent, as Peugeot are asking £100+ -I gather I can get it cheaper via DRIRE.

Note : We have details of a new law, I quote from a local free paper Et*****a: New Law regarding Controle Technique''s on English Registered vehicles: To have a Controle Technique on an English registered venicle it is now necessary to produce a full certificate of conformity as well as the English Log Book (V5C).

• 2 weeks later...
As you will see from my earlier postings we have just gone through the process of registering a UK registered Berlingo (6 years old).

We have also managed to do this for a 4 year old BMW we imported from Germany but bought via a UK agency.  We had absolutely no problems getting it all sorted here in Basse Normandie - we went to the Mortain Hotel des Impots first to make sure we had everything we needed.  For the Berlingo we only needed the Registration document, Proof of domicile (Bank statement), passport and controle technique.  We expected to be asked for a certificate of conformity but (having read postings on this website) we hoped the vehicle registration document to suffice and it did - when asked for it at the prefecture at St Lo when applying for the carte grise we just pointed to the registration document and said c'est dedans and she accepted this.  This is after being quoted £100 from Citroen UK for a certificate of conformity.

The BMW we expected to be a nightmare to insure as it was a complicated purchase (see above) and wasn't a French car but again we had absolutely no problem getting a carte grise for it at St Lo.  This time we did have the certificate of conformity for the vehicle as it was supplied with the purchase so I don't know whether we would have got away with solely the German reg document.

As someone else says it seems to depend on where you live and also the age and origin ( i.e. outside EU) of the car.

I forgot to say that (re: previous posting) that the registration document suffices as the certificat de conformite so I don't know why they are quoting that in the law.  I suppose it depends on the age and origin of the car as to whether the reg document proves c de c or not.

Hope this helps somebody out there!

Pix

The only advice I can give in this situation is to try another CT station, several if necessary, as this is not being applied universally - yet.

Unless you are relying on getting past the prefecture with your UK V5C, as some have succeeded in doing, then you will still need a C of C at some point.