Motorhome insurance

Repulse

I have just had a quote from Generali for my motorhome insurance of 1800 euro!!!!!!And they would not include recovery for that !!!! Are you out there Sunday Driver as I think you have a motorhome over 3.5 tons too. I hope you can tell me that this is over the top and where to go to get a better quote and tell me what is a more realistic price !!!

In anticipation Bill

My 1993 Mercedes Hymer has been insured with MAAF for the last five years - toutes risques with recovery assistance and lifetime NCD bonus, all for a yearly premium of 326€ with no annual increases.

Having sold the van last week, I called into my MAAF office with my copy of the certificate de cession and they cancelled the policy, gave me a notice of resiliation and a credit for the December prelevement.

Competitive rates and excellent customer service.

[quote user="woolybanana"]

Mutuelle de Poitiers do a bit cheaper if I remember rightly. And provide excellent service, including recovery.

I wonder whether the value of your vehicle is greater than SD's or mine which might increase premiums?

[/quote]

I endorse the above recommendation and Josianne at the Parthenay office is a real star.

Agent says Generali are not interested in insuring motorhomes but as it was in a group policy they insured it initially. Is a long story but we had to be uplifted and taken to a Fiat garage for repair in Montlucon . No problem we thought but then insurer said they did not know it was over 3.5 tons. Turned out was the agents fault for not declaring it and they had a copy of the carte gris !!! They do not want vehicles over 3.5 tons so gave a ridiculous quote!Agent advised us to find a company who is used to insuring motorhomes et voila MAAF . Excellent service, checked every detail to make sure we are properly covered :-) Told you it was a long story !!!