Registering a Polish car in France?

friend of stouby

I cannot see that the process is any different. Depending on age of car first hurdle may be getting a European Certificate of Conformity. Only good news is that I believe the factory is still in existance and making Ford Kas and Fiat 500s

http://www.grupy.v10.pl/Import,nowego,auta,z,EU,1,1707616,2008_01.html

Best of luck

Your seller either has no idea of what is required for importing a car into the UK or he is setting you up for a patsy.

The process for importing a Polish registered car into France is the same as importing a UK registered car.

PS:  I'm assuming that we're talking about a modern EU compliant car and not some old Polish banger......[;-)]

Cars that old do not comply with EU type approval, so they have to have French national type approval in order to be registered in France.  If the particular models were officially imported for commercial sale in France then the importer will have obtained that approval at the time.  If not, then you'll have to submit the cars for a single vehicle approval inspection. 

FSM were acquired by Fiat some eighteen years ago and it's not unknown for original homologation records for obsolete vehicles to become lost in the process.  Unless these cars are something really special, then you may prefer not to have the hassle and expense.