French Roundabouts

Ex Forum Admin

The February issue of FRANCE Magazine celebrates the magic of French roundabouts. From the centre of Paris to rural Burgundy, you’re never far from a rond-point and many are landscaped to provide a unique glimpse into the character of the local area. Visit Sâone-et-Loire and you’ll discover possibly the biggest chicken in the world roosting on a roundabout at the Aire du Poulet de Bresse. Or visit Serre-Chevalier and admire the cable car sculpture adorning a roundabout there. Not forgetting possibly the most famous roundabout in the world – the Arc de Triomphe in Paris.

Have you discovered a quirky roundabout in France? Tell us about it and/or post an image.

There's one in Savigne l'Eveque on the junction to the Sarthe's major showjumping arena which has a lovely sculpture of a horse jumping a fence.  The giant cedar tree by LeClerc's on the outskirts of Le Mans by Les Maillets is also a fabulous piece of modern sculture which I love.  Hopping out of the car at this time of year and taking pics isn't that easy for me these days but I'll do my best!