Installing above ground pool - 47 Lot et Garonne

Hello, We are in the midst of purchasing a property in Lot et Garonne and want to get an above ground pool installed in time for our first visit at the end of July. Whilst we can find plenty of pool kits online,what we can't find is anyone to install it. Does anyone have a good recommendation? We can't extend to having an in-ground pool so want above ground plus some decking. Any tips hugely welcome please. I have searched forums and the internet and can find lots of information on different pool types but nothing re installation.

Thanks for your reply Paul... was just trying to get things booked for when we get down there. Could put up the pool myself but I think we may need a concrete base plus we want to add some extra decking, Just wondered if anyone knew of any firms that do that sort of thing really. Will also double check with vendor but thought I'd sound out other people too.

I like your enthusiasm but I would be absolutely astonished if you can get someone to help this year. Above ground pools are DIY, although you might find a local builder who could help build you a slab for you I doubt anyone would be available now until after the summer. It would be quicker (and cheaper) if you bought your own cement mixer and had a go yourself. 

Unfortunately, given the lack of available time, and the time of year (peak season for all things pool-related) I'm another person who would be surprised if you can find anyone to help in time for your end of July deadline. From July 14, France more or less ceases to function in any recognisable form until late August (if you're lucky) and I've even known pool installation and maintenance companies close for anything from 1-2 weeks sometime during this period, because that's just how it is in France.

You'll find it pretty easy to buy an above-ground pool at this time of year, but as for getting help with installation, slab laying etc., you may find that more tricky than you think. Things in general tend to be far less customer-focused in France, and however much work a tradesperson could do, they will turn it down anytime rather than encroach on the sacrosanct holiday period.

Hi/Thanks for message.I have managed to find someone who looks like they can help and they are pricing it up this week.If it falls through, I will definitely get back to you though, so will hold on to your details.