Translation of problems found in Controle Technique

Kitty

Any help will be gratefully received.  These CTs come round so quickly.  It doesn't seem two years since I did the last CT.  Anyway, I need a contre-visite, so I have 2 months to correct some things. Can someone explain the following terms:

PNEUMATIQUE - Usure importante et/ou difference importante d'usure sur l'essieu. ARG.

FREIN DE SERVICE - Desequilibre. AR.    (I've just had new brake pads so would this be because of that?)

FEU DE CROISEMENT - Reglage trop bas. D.

With thanks

Roughly (without looking it up):

Significant uneven tyre and/or  axle wear Rear Left

Rear brakes out of balance.

Ooo,er![:$]

Hopefully the more mechanically minded will put me right.  I know roughly what does what on a car and I know the faster the better but beyond that...[:D]

Handbrake out of balance.

May have been caused by the new rear (did you say rear?) pads not bedding in or they may have caused a problem when fitting.

I would bed them in by braking to a halt from 30 mph a few times using the handbrake, actually its not the way I would do it but te aforementined methd is easier to describe and less likely to cause you any problems if you misinterpret it.

good luck

Also just to make the first point a little clearer.

PNEUMATIQUE - Usure importante et/ou difference importante d'usure sur l'essieu. ARG.

Left hand rear tyre worn to excess and/or the difference in tread between the two tyres on the same axle is too great.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Roughly (without looking it up):

Significant uneven tyre and/or  axle wear Rear Left

Rear brakes out of balance.

Ooo,er![:$]

Hopefully the more mechanically minded will put me right.  I know roughly what does what on a car and I know the faster the better but beyond that...[:D]

[/quote]

The "frein de service" is the hand-brake, probably not difficult to fix, possibly uneven tension of cable from hand-brake lever, possibly stretch and deterioration of one cable, possibly dirty shoe or rust or oil on the hub, etc , etc...

Try applying the hand-brake whilst the car is moving down a slope to assess degree of deficiency of left rear brake; if you have no shoes and discs all round more likely to be a cable fault;, the condition of the discs should be self evident.

The combination of factors might indicate that one side brake is working well and wearing out the tyre while the other side is not working efficiently, so could have been a siezed cyl/caliper or need adjustment, while rear pads were recently changed this should have been spotted but could have been missed so worth bit of a check.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Let's get the facts straight....[;-)]

Frein de service is the footbrake.

Frein de stationnement is the handbrake.

[/quote]Thanks.  It's funny because I looked up frein de service subsequently (I'd only ever heard the handbrake called either frein de stationnement or a main) and it said "service brake" in my Oxford/Hachette dictionary so I was none the wiser![:D]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Let's get the facts straight....[;-)]

Frein de service is the footbrake.

Frein de stationnement is the handbrake.

[/quote]

My mistake, sorry for that, I either didnt read the posting or had brain fade.