D.R.I.R.E in Pas de Calais

tuppence

Anyone on here have the address for the office of D.R.I.R.E in Pas de Calais. It seems that they have now changed their acronym to D.R.E.A.L and I can't seem to find the address to send off for my C of E.

Any help gratefully  accepted,[:D]

tuppence

Just a quick point of interest whilst having a sniff around the Nord Pas de Calais DREAL website....

Attention à compter du 1er janvier 2011, la DREAL ne peut identifier que des voitures particulières (VP) dont la date de 1ère mise en circulation est après le 1er janvier 2006, et dont les caractéristiques techniques ont été introduites dans la base de données dont elle dispose. Pour les autres catégories de véhicules (Camionnettes, 2/3 roues etc …) et pour les VP non identifiables par la DREAL , vous devez impérativement vous adresser aux constructeurs du véhicule ou son représentant accrédité en France.

http://www.nord-pas-de-calais.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/spip.php?page=article&id_article=3842

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Just a follow up to my original posting, I have today received a letter from DRIRE here in Pas de Calais to tell me that they no longer provide the service of identifying the vehicles and that this has only been operational since 1st July this year. I now have to pay TWICE  as much and go through Citroen. What a swizz!!!!!!

tuppence

What a crock of sh1te [:(]

No prizes for guessing who is behind this one, I wonder if it does or will apply to all the prefectures?

Back in 2006 it was not a problem for the DRIRE to check on their database to find the barre rouge for my 2002 vehicle, well apart from my lack of French and the guys habitual reluctance, they had the information then, constructors have been issuing European COC's from 1998 I believe, why is it now that the DREAL only has data from 2006 onwards? [8-)]

Now they wont issue a barre rouge period, from the website today:

Attention : à compter du 1er juillet 2011, la DREAL ne peut identifier que des voitures particulières (VP) pour lesquels le constructeur ou son représentant accrédité en France atteste qu’il ne peut pas effectuer l’identification.

Oh well loads of maney for the French car constructors, expect them to issue partial ones requiring you to have your headlights and maybe even speedo changed by a concessionaire.

A double crock of sh1te [:(]

Methinks taht this may even be the beginning of the end for LHd vehicules in France.

I guess that depands if all the prefectures/dreals are doing the same thing, worst case for you is that you may have to buy a CofC from VAG UK or France at whatever price they decide a piece of paper is worth to them.

On the other hand you may be able to register it with the EU conformity number contained in the V5, but I have only registered one car 5 years ago so am not the one to advise you.

Nothing has changed for your circumstance.

With an over 4 year old car you were always going to need a C of C from VW, not only for the Prefecture but also for the CT as it's now very difficult to find a station which will test a car without one.

PS: If it's a MKIV and you need LHD headlights PM me, I have a brand new unused pair gathering dust in the garage [;-)]

But before you could get a barre rouge, a copy of the certificate of conformity with a red line through it from the DRIRE, it cost €67 which was bad enough for printing one page but at least if they were not being obtuse it was quick.

Now getting one from a manufacturer, especially a French one can really cost and also take a long time, I cant see many being issued from mid July to mid September

Too right Chancer, DRIRE was €67,38 and Citroen want €135, so effectively double the original. I have to get mine done before September 7th as the UK MOT runs out. I went through my insurance company to find all this out, very helpful too. Mind you a tip for others in the same position, DO NOT go through the Google trap of googling 'Certificate of Conformite' as the prices some of these companies charge is astronomic. Cheapest one I got up for Citroen was €190!!!!!!

Anyway off to La Poste with my cheque to Citroen, will return here if I have problems[:@]

tuppence

I would keep everything crossed if you have a deadline of September 7th, la rentrée may be the 5th but it takes a few days for everyone to catch up on what the others did during les vacances.

And yes I realise that there will be staff present during les vacances but they cant be expected to work can they [:P]