Map showing toll booth locations?

CherryB

Does such a map exist? I have searched on here and on line generally but am unable to come up with a map showing the location of peages on autoroutes. My Michelin map book is in France (and I'm not) at present but don't remember it showing them either.

I don't seem to be able to find a link I had, sorry. But if it's for a particular journey, you can use one of the planning tools; it should show where the peages are. Here's one I've used before:

http://www.autoroutes.fr/index.htm?lang=en#

maybe that will help until somebody comes along with a peage map.

Edit; I came across a site called 'peage' once, and was pleased; it turned out to be a chain of hotels called that, I think! 

The péages are normally on every exit and at each end of the autoroutes, plus wherever they reach an international border.

Also wherever they become free, often as bypasses for large cities, but they actually end and become become Routes Départmentales (previously Routes Nationales) where this occurs .

On Michelin maps, the distances on free autoroutes are shown in blue instead of red on yellow.

[quote user="CherryB"]Does such a map exist? I have searched on here and on line generally but am unable to come up with a map showing the location of peages on autoroutes. My Michelin map book is in France (and I'm not) at present but don't remember it showing them either.[/quote]

If you have a look here, you will see a Michelin map. Just to the left of J32 on the A9 you will see a black line crossing the autoroute: that's a peage. All the Michelin paper road maps at this scale are like this.

(Edited to correct duff gen)

[quote user="CherryB"]Does such a map exist? I have searched on here and on line generally but am unable to come up with a map showing the location of peages on autoroutes. My Michelin map book is in France (and I'm not) at present but don't remember it showing them either.[/quote]

See HERE

[quote user="derf"][quote user="CherryB"]Does such a map exist? I have searched on here and on line generally but am unable to come up with a map showing the location of peages on autoroutes. My Michelin map book is in France (and I'm not) at present but don't remember it showing them either.[/quote]

See HERE

[/quote]

That's a very useful link, derf, which I had bookmarked for some time in case of need. But I thought Cherry wanted to know about specific peages, and was without her map book so couldn't look them up.

[quote user="nomoss"]

The péages are normally on every exit and at each end of the autoroutes, plus wherever they reach an international border.
Also wherever they become free, often as bypasses for large cities, but they actually end and become become Routes Départmentales (previously Routes Nationales) where this occurs .

[/quote]

Not necessarily....[;-)]

The A11 (Le Mans to Nantes) becomes a free section when it serves as the Angers northern bypass but it continues to be an autoroute.  The péages at either end of the free section are situated around 20kms out of the city.

The A87 arrives from the south to a péage, then becomes the N260 eastern bypass until it joins up with the A11 to the north.

[quote user="Loiseau"]Cherry, why not nip into you rnearest branch of WHSmith, or whatever, and sneak a look in one of the road atlases on display?

Angela

[/quote]

Maybe she's got torrential rain; I've put my shopping trip off until tomorrow, as they are forecasting a better day.

[quote user="gardengirl "][quote user="Loiseau"]Cherry, why not nip into you rnearest branch of WHSmith, or whatever, and sneak a look in one of the road atlases on display?

Angela

[/quote]

Maybe she's got torrential rain; I've put my shopping trip off until tomorrow, as they are forecasting a better day.

[/quote]

What torrential rain? It is beautiful sunshine here! That's why I have been out in the garden instead of reading this up to now. Many thanks for the various replies, I specifically wanted to explain to a friend where the tolls were between Calais and Paris as I couldn't remember exactly and as I said, I have left the map book behind. Or should I say both are in France as we tried to get over the problem of always leaving it behind by buying one to keep here but now both are there! Anyway I shall be better informed when looking at it now and the site with the toll charges and map is now book-marked for future reference.

Can anyone tell me the names of the toll places on the Calais Paris auto route? I actually thought from memory that the Calais end one was nearer to Abbeville than it appears on the link map but I am probably mistaken. Incidentally the toll charges may be out of date on this site as Calais - Paris is around €22 I'm sure.

I'm back out to the garden now while the sun lasts!

[quote user="CherryB"][quote user="gardengirl "][quote user="Loiseau"]Cherry, why not nip into you rnearest branch of WHSmith, or whatever, and sneak a look in one of the road atlases on display?

Angela

[/quote]

[/quote]

What torrential rain? It is beautiful sunshine here! That's why I have been out in the garden instead of reading this up to now. Many thanks for the various replies, I specifically wanted to explain to a friend where the tolls were between Calais and Paris as I couldn't remember exactly and as I said, I have left the map book behind. Or should I say both are in France as we tried to get over the problem of always leaving it behind by buying one to keep here but now both are there! Anyway I shall be better informed when looking at it now and the site with the toll charges and map is now book-marked for future reference.

Can anyone tell me the names of the toll places on the Calais Paris auto route? I actually thought from memory that the Calais end one was nearer to Abbeville than it appears on the link map but I am probably mistaken. Incidentally the toll charges may be out of date on this site as Calais - Paris is around €22 I'm sure.

I'm back out to the garden now while the sun lasts![/quote]

If you go for the link I gave you, you'll find it listed.

It's still raining on and off where I am in UK. My borders are flooded and the lawns are too soggy to even consider stepping on to! Back to my ironing!