CoC Problem - Importing UK RHD Renault

frexpt

We are in the process if immatriculation for our UK legal 2003 Renault Megane. We have just been told by DEKRA, the controle technique people, that the French authorities will not accept an EU Certificate of Conformity issued by Renault UK. It has to come from Renault France.

Anyone come across this? We had no such issue with our Ford Focus.

[quote user="AnOther"]What are you doing messing about with DEKRA ?

Generally speaking a CoC should come from the manufacturers agent in the country of 1st registration, e.g. UK.

[/quote]

I was trying to arrange the contrôle technique for the car at the local DEKRA. They wouldn't book it in without a CoC from Renault France. Funnily enough, the local Renault garage which had just fitted the headlights also said that the UK CoC wouldn't be accepted and offered to arrange a French one for 205€.

Anyway, this morning I popped into the Securitest centre that did the CT for our Focus and they had no problem at all with the UK CoC which I gave them .........all very bizarre!

[quote user="frexpt"] I was trying to arrange the contrôle technique for the car at the local DEKRA.

[/quote]

But why DEKRA when you take your other car to Securitest? A visit to DEKRA would only be required for a vehicle inspection for a vehicle which is not on the list of EU type-approved vehicles I think? Sorry, but I don't understand this, I'm sure the CoC from UK should be acceptable. 

The contröle technique for the Focus was two years ago and we have moved house in the meantime. DEKRA is now the nearest test centre and they did the second CT on the Focus a couple of weeks ago with no issues at all. In fact they were a pleasure to deal with,

Just print out [url=http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F19222.xhtml]this page[/url] and draw their attention to the following information:

Justificatifs techniques de conformité :

• pour un véhicule conforme à un type

communautaire : soit le certificat de conformité européen original

(l'original restitué par les autorités du pays dans lequel était

immatriculé le véhicule ou le duplicata du certificat délivré par le

constructeur ou son représentant dans le pays ou la copie du certificat

certifiée conforme par les autorités du pays), soit une attestation

d'identification à un type communautaire ;