LAWN MOWER ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

chirpy

Hi,

I have had a sit-on m ower for several years and although I bought a new battery this week the engine starts BUT the cutters when switched on start to rotate but immediately stall the engine.

It is a oleo-mac hydrostatic auto. mower and I believe it has 3 safety devices,

1.under the seat which has not worked for years and the mower still worked ok.

2.behind the grass catcher

and 3 near the footbrake.

the dash has lots of lights indicating what is working etc. and these connect to an electronic card.A loud beeping noise as an audible warning is bleeping all the time but until last week I could still operate the machine.

Any ideas to what could be causing the mower not to operate the cutting blades...before I have yet another expensive collection of mower by the shop.

thanks

Sounds more like the governor to me, does it stumble and stall as if there is not enough power to drive the blades?

If so then it sounds like the governor is not working (its what pours on the coals when the engine is loaded), if it dies like the ignition is switched off then it sounds more like one of your electronic safety devices, perhaps one to stop you grass cutting if the blades are exposed, grass collector perhaps removed or not fully engaged or a problem with the microswitch/sensor.

thanks,

I have rechecked all instument lights and when switch on ignition but do not turn key I have a flashing battery symbol and the audible bleeping.Would an insuffiient charge in my new battery cause the engine to start but have insufficient strengh to operate blades for cutting?Battery about 12.2 volts and starts engine first time.

thanks for yr input   have a good time at the Olympics!!