Re Volvo V60 2010car

partout

Just would like to know, I have a Volvo V60, oct 2010, it has headlights that you can switch from within the car from RHD to LHD, would these lights be Ok for passing a CT? Anyone that has one of these cars, apologies I am not very good at technical explanation....Thanks

Check if the part number for LHD lamps is that same as RHD lamps - if so yes

Try asking on the UK Volvo Owners Club.

Book at CT with contra visite gratuit or ask nicely to just check the lights.

My Jaguar X type got through 2 CTs with original headlamps adjuted so it probably will.

What does the Driver's Handbook say?

I would say probably not.

A year or so back you might have got away with it but they are using a different machine for measuring now which not only checks that they are flat and not dazzling (all that most LHD/RHD adaptables actually do) but also check for a proper LHD dip beam.

These are the lighting regs they are working to now.

http://www.utac-otc.com/Upload/base_doc/3185/SRVF4-1_F_ECLAIRAGE_07112011.pdf

I think that we have discussed before our different interpretations of that document.

If you look under the section marked "rabattement" you will see that the upkick angle is not contrôled (tested) other than it must be less than 15° which of course a flat beam headlight such as many of the new LHD/RHD ones and my modified headlights are, 0° being less than 15°.

What is tested is that other than the tolerated 15° kick up no part of the beam must be above the horizontal line.

So on that basis and that of my recent test pass I would say to the OP that your lights will be fine [:)]