Breath testers mandatory in all vehicles from Spring?

Pickles

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Chancer"]

They are both male bananas, the question being is Wooly on the left or the right?

Dont you know how to tell the sex of a banana?

[/quote]OK, I bow to your greater knowledge.  But if they're both chaps then Wooly's on the right, I reckon!  My gaydar tells me that he's probably not into chaps![Www]

Does anyone know - are these proposed gizmos once only or multi-use? - When are you supposed to blow into them? - do you keep the things after you blow into them as evidence you're not drunk if you get stopped?

If you have the required number in the car, does that allow you to drink and drive? [:D]

I know nothing on how these things work but a few locals round here don't see a problem. Arrive at the restaurant, blow in the bag then go have your meal. Except with systems connected to the car this is going to be wide open to abuse. The more I think about it the more I am convinced that Sarkozy has a share in the manufacturing business or somebody in his family has. [Www]

Cant see it ever happening especially retrospectively, perhaps for new vehicles, that would be one way to stop the flow of imported LHD cars into France, no doubt there will be loads of forms to fill out and expensive attestations to pay for to prove conformity but no contrôles.

I suppose its only fair though, the manufacturers, sorry sellers (no_one manufactures in France any more) of floursecent gilets are having a lean time at the moment.

[quote user="AnOther"]There there, calm down now..........

[img]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkx8k7ymUR1qa2txho1_500.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Well I don't see it like that, I see a cheery girlie banana cuddling a grumpy old unappreciative banana.

These tests, well, bet they are very expensive at the ports; think I'll have to get a cheap one in advance of my next trip.

[quote user="idun"]

[quote user="AnOther"]There there, calm down now..........

[img]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkx8k7ymUR1qa2txho1_500.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Well I don't see it like that, I see a cheery girlie banana cuddling a grumpy old unappreciative banana.

These tests, well, bet they are very expensive at the ports; think I'll have to get a cheap one in advance of my next trip.

[/quote]

The problem is the position of the hand you can't see!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'd dismissed all this absurdity as yet another kite being flown, impossible to imagine anyone voting for it? However having now been made a subject of BBC news (which incidently I'd rather watch than any Mrs Browns brainless Boys) stated that 'those planning a forthcoming trip to France, may now need to take a Breathalyser as well as a Sat Nav device that does not include detail of speed camera locations'

Is it all row-locks or have the idiots actually made it compulsory?

PS: on the intent of the Bananas, it is perfectly clear what their intentions are, since neither are Bajamas in Pajamas[:P]

In the mean time by the end of 2011 road deaths have fallen for the third consecutive year in France.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2012/01/04/01016-20120104ARTFIG00463-routes-le-nombre-de-morts-a-encore-diminue-en-2011.php

All this breathalyzer thing seems a bit pointless really except for whoever is going to be coining it by selling the things.