deleted

Katt

Bravo Katt - its refreshing to see someone say that they knew what they were in for and that for their circumstances it represented good value.

Fees often seem high but when you take into account your own time and stress sometimes they look more attractive.

Hope its plain sailing from now on.

I agree that it's good that you feel that you have got a bargain.  However, paying money to the Uk in respect of a French property transaction is not a good idea and may come back to give you grief at some stage.

However, do enjoy your new home and well done.

TF

So that's twice (to my knowledge) that threads that spoke in less than glowing terms of a certain British_agency_that_cannot_be_named have been pulled.

Just a guess, but do they by any chance advertise heavily in Living France Magazine?  Do they have the clout to demand that unflattering references to their business are removed from the forum?

It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a threat to withdraw advertising has been used in the media to control "free speech". 

Maybe I'm being overly cynical, I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

I'm not knocking the mods, I can fully understand that the decision to remove threads or posts is usually based on the forum code of conduct, but was there actually anything in these threads that broke this code (name and shame perhaps)?

I thought the problems with trees were that they sucked the water out of the ground causing problems also that their roots can do massive damage, especially if they go under foundations - as they grow the forces that they can exert is tremendous. Obviously, felling a large tree can cause the ground to vibrate and cause damage that way.

Paul

Removing trees can also cause problems with ground heave since you are removing the means by which the water has been extracted from the ground for many years, thus upsetting the natural balance.  The ground can swell with all that excess water causing the building to move and crack. It all depends on what type of soil you have so if you are worried about it seek professional advice before removing the tree.

Dave