Part exchanging vehicle for another

elamessa

We are part exing our camping car(bought in france) for another newer one using a camping car dealer and my questions are.

Do you think the dealer will do all the change over paperwork i.e. certificat de cession, Carte grise etc

Also will I have to take a new insurance or will my current insurance just issue another carte verte with the new registration number starting from the day of handover.

Thanks for any help as this is the first time we have done this.

When we did ours the dealer did everything. We paid him (with a cheque made out to the prefecture I think) for the car to be re-registered in our names. He gave us an attestation to show the Police if stopped that we had just bought the car and were awaiting a new carte gris-I think it lasted about 4 weeks but the carte gris dame back well before that. We phoned out insurance and as in the UK the policy was amended. I think we had to pay a bit extra as it was a newer car and the new sticker for the car came within a couple of days. I think we phoned up as soon as we knew which date we were picking up the new car and the policy for the old one finished that day and the one for the new one started. We didn't have the carte gris but they gave us the vignette for the car and we had to go back (or send a copy) of the new carte gris in our name when it arrived. Try to do it before you pick your car up so everything is in place.