Selling French registered vehicle to UK buyer.

elamessa

I have had an offer on my motorcycle from a buyer in the UK and I am prepared to deliver it to the UK. My question is. What documents do I send to the prefecture to say the vehicle has been sold, is it cert of cessation and main part of Carte Gris and giving the tear off slip to the buyer? or does the buyer have the full carte gris with it endorsed 'Vendu' and date of sale.

Your help in this is appreciated.

TIA

The procedure is the same whoever you sell it to.

See: [url]https://www.service-public.fr/particuliers/vosdroits/F1707[/url]

There are links to download the forms required.

The CG will be returned to France when the buyer in UK registers it, thus informing the authorities here that the bike has been exported.

[quote user="elamessa"][quote user="woolybanana"]Are left handed bikes road legal in UK?[/quote]

Only if they were legal before thy became legal in France!![/quote]

Couldn't you just attach the side car on to the other side to make it left- or right-handed?[I]

CG complete signed and dated, nothing else needed because crossing/writing vendu/bon etat etc. mean zilch outside of France.

Copy of cert de cession to prefecture and that simply to cover your ar*e if it did somehow come back to France still on French plates.

Job done.

[quote user="powerdesal"]What should one do if a caravan, bought in UK, registered in France is then taken back to UK and sold, carte gris retained and French number plates removed.[/quote]

Just complete and send the appropriate copy of the CdeC to the Prefecture.

If it is now past the 15 day deadline, just fill out another one with the current date, and send that.

I recently did so for a car I sold to a buyer in Japan last year, as I forgot to submit the CdeC at the time, and wanted to delete the registration in my name, in case they ever want to reintroduce Vignettes or similar.

Scrap the CG and plates, or keep them as souvenirs [:D]

Edit. I think it is advisable to record sales with the Prefecture, even if one knows the car is no longer in the country, as it is always possible for the plates to be cloned.

What should one do if a caravan, bought in UK, registered in France is then taken back to UK and sold, carte gris retained and French number plates removed.

Depending on what it says on the carte gris, you could use it to legitimise a non-conforming trailer.

Some caravans have "remorque" as the vehicle type on the carte gris, and are sought after by people with home made or imported trailers that can never get a carte gris by the normal routes.