Import car to France

Simon

I want to register my car here, but the ANTS service is only available to those with a valid FranceConnect ID for which I will need to have submitted my first French tax return and that will not happen for a few months.

There used to be a facility in the Prefecture, but I am told that is no longer available. Am I able to get someone else to to the registration or use a local garage? Otherwise I am stuck with a vehicle that has an expired MOT and I am reluctant to make a 1000 mile round trip to the UK for the sake of a 6 month wait.

Does anyone have a clue how I can move forward?

Regards

Simon

Go to your prefecture with all the paperwork and tell them your internet is broken/have't got/can't use/ it's too slow etc (just pick one) and they will do the registration for you.

They have to mantain a service for the "sans internet"

( Is that going to be a bit like the sans cullottes"?)

[quote user="Harnser"] ..........

They have to mantain a service for the "sans internet"....[/quote]

That's right - computers are provided for their use in the Prefecture.

Edit: If you Google "immatriculation voiture occasion" you will find many companies who carry out the usual registration process for a reasonable fee. Maybe you can find one who will do the slightly more complicated job for you.

[quote user="Simon"]I am stuck with a vehicle that has an expired MOT and I am reluctant to make a 1000 mile round trip to the UK for the sake of a 6 month wait.[/quote]Technically of course with an expired MOT you cannot drive it 1000 yds let alone 1000 km, and that's without consideration of any potential insurance irregularities (i.e. UK insurance and French resident perhaps ?)

Just sayin' [Www]

• 2 weeks later...
Battling on with this, CT booked for this week, and I collected the Quitus Fiscal without any problems. I have the CoC from Honda, provided free incidently, so I will be braving the Prefecture shortly. I have another newer vehicle that I will swing across at the same time, this throws up another issue as the CoC from Volvo is £94! I remember reading somewhere that if the V5C document has the K - Type Approval field completed then a CoC is unnecessary, is this true?

[quote user="Simon"]........... I have another newer vehicle that I will swing across at the same time, this throws up another issue as the CoC from Volvo is £94! I remember reading somewhere that if the V5C document has the K - Type Approval field completed then a CoC is unnecessary, is this true?[/quote]

I believe this is true provided the entry has the complete details, and these agree with Type Approval references on the French database.

As you won't know this until you have submitted the documents it seems to be a case of balancing the cost against the possible inconvenience[:(]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We managed eventually to complete all the info on the Ants site. Does anyone know the timeframe for hearing back. At the moment it says it’s being looked at. Also does anyone know how much a Saab 93 will cost to immatriculate.

TIA

Suey