Changing mistake on certificat de cession

djburns

Hello everyone,

I've just sold a motor bike, everything fine but the buyer went to register for carte gris and got message to say the name was wrong on the certificat de cession. I double checked my submission and sure enough I had written the new owner's name incorrectly by one letter! I have tried all round the Ants.gouv site to find a way to correct it. I used a contact page and attached a corrected version of the form but got a generic reply sending me to FAQ's which I've been all around already. Has anyone got any ideas or directions? Phone numbers? I'm feeling bad for the new seller who is being very patient so far!

If it consoles you at all, I just did a Google.fr search on this and it appears you're far from being alone. Not only in terms of the problem, but in terms of being able to get ANTS to respond with a solution.

Furthermore, the only people who have been able to rectify things seem to have had to resort to physically visiting their Prefecture to sort it out.

One even says he spoke to a Minister who basically said "good luck with that, the system's rubbish" .

[quote user="djburns"]Still no response and sadly the phone number doesn't connect![/quote]

Sorry about the number, I had such hopes for you!  There is an email address as well and whilst they do reply, it was a stock sort of reply (picked from one of a dozen or so, I suspect), so not much point me giving you the address.

Other thing your buyer can do is to go to a garage which does immatriculation (not all garages are geared up to do this) and, on presentation of his documents, they can do the correction for him.  From the 2 garages I know, one in my town and one just over the border in the next department, the charge seems to be 25 or 30 euros.

Maybe, to enable him to use the car legally, you could write a document allowing him to use the car while it is still in your name, and discuss with his/your insurance company how they can cover him to drive it until the CG is sorted out.

The Naurauto chain also performs this service.  These garages have their espace professionel to do this.  As indicated in one of my earlier posts, the charge is in the region of 25 to 30 euros.  Perhaps you could agree to share the cost with him? 

IMO, worth paying and saving yourself the aggro.

Latest update. Visited both Norauto and Feu Vert. Both say they can only handle basic transfers etc, can't make corrections. I was directed however to a new office opposite the Sous-Prefecture which they have set up to handle Carte Grise changes. So went there- one lady with a laptop in a bare office. She couldn't help and said I need to go to the Sous-Prefecture, which was........ closed 4.00pm Monday. I've heard some motorists are taking the government to court over the new system?

Oh, couldn't you just spit?

BUT, you WILL get it sorted.......eventually......everything does take forever.  It's exactly the sort of thing that stresses me out.  Hope you have a more even temperament than I do!

[quote user="BJSLIV"]The number to ring is 3400 (0.06 euros per minute)

http://www.nievre.gouv.fr/mise-en-place-du-3400-a3075.htm

l[/quote]

That should be

[url]http://www.nievre.gouv.fr/mise-en-place-du-3400-a3075.html[/url]

Thanks, I'll have a look at that. Went back to sous-prefecture today, waited for 10mins at the (unmanned) welcome desk to then be told that there was "fermeture exceptionnelle" for that afternoon of the office I need to go to....Hope that number works!

Saga continues. Another visit to Sous-prefecture this morning. (Sunny morning at last, good excuse to take the bike out) Was seen in the "Point Numerique" and helpful lady got me to log in on to the Ants website and then, I kid you not, the internet went down in the building! Helpful lady then phoned somebody (3400 number?) and they said my revision to the certificat was logged but there is a one month waiting list. Apparently there is one room where they deal with all the queries for all of France...

Stay tuned folks!

• 3 weeks later...
Had a note from the buyer to say she has received the carte grise. Then I have an email from ants asking for scan of cert de cession and new buyers ID. I've sent those so hopefully that is the end of it!