Is this a record?

Lehaut

As we no longer need two cars, my wife decided to sell her 22 year old one. We got the CT, cleaned it, polished it, took photos and put it on Le Bon Coin. Got an email to say they would verify the ad, and let us know when it was on line. 5 mins later we got an email to say it was up. As I clicked on the email to open it, my mobile phone rang. Young chap interested in the car, answered all his questions. That was Saturday. Monday he drove up 31/2 hours with his grandparents, clutching the cash and drove the car away!

Literally less than a minute to sell the car. What irks me most (as a Yorkshire lad) is that I paid the 6.40€ for extra photos!

Lehaut wrote the following post at 10 Jun 2020 9:04:

Literally less than a minute to sell the car. What irks me most (as a Yorkshire lad) is that I paid the 6.40€ for extra photos!

Ahh .. but as a Lancashire lass I can almost confidently say that it would be the extra photos that confirmed the family's opinion of you as someone genuine and honest .. simply because you didn't just stick to the basic 3 photos.

Congratulations to you both (smiley face)

"Ahh .. but as a Lancashire lass I can almost confidently say that it would be the extra photos that confirmed the family's opinion of you as someone genuine and honest .. simply because you didn't just stick to the basic 3 photos."

I like that, and feel less guilty about the expense!

I agree about the cost of the extra photos.  Sold my previous house in 36 days on leboncoin and, like lehaut, I was regretting the expense of the extra photos.

But nowadays, I think buying the pack of extra photos is ESSENTIAL.  The buyers said they fell in love with the house by looking at the photos.  Just as well the photos were taken over a summer when the sky was blue and the garden looked superb.

Just on that experience, I always take photos of the house and gardens and keep them aside, in case of future need[:)]  After all, if you need to sell in winter when the skies are grey and the garden looks dead, it's not going to have the same appeal, is it?

Chessie, it's also good to keep some essential information to hand.  If a house, for example, a floor plan is always useful or, failing that, at least measurements of principal rooms, sitting rooms, main bedroom and so on, size of plot and location of tap for mains water, electric counters, gas fittings.  After all, sizes of rooms do not change and it saves a lot of kerfuffle preparing sales particulars at a later date.

If a car, then it's always useful to have clear in your own mind or have written down somewhere number of chassis, year of first immatriculation, when CT due, size of fuel tank and stuff like that. 

Don't know about you but, if I am asked a question, especially over the phone, whatever little bits of knowledge I have disappear completely and you could be forgiven for thinking I must have stolen the car because I couldn't think of its number plate.

I know you have a problem keeping paperwork safe so you might like to think about some of these things in advance?  BTW, have you found your car keys?

Mint - those are all excellent ideas; think might well do the same - and keep docs somewhere safe.

Have already taken photocopies of Carte Gris, insurance green cards, the CTs and have put them away 'somewhere safe'. 

I can never remember the reg number of either car - it's called 'brain freeze' - just cannot remember them, no matter how I try.   So if I need to make phone calls in the past I've had to scrabble around to find original docs; now I've got photocopies that's not going to be such a problem - but my scrambled french is the bigger problem !!

And no, we haven't found the keys - they have totally disappeared.

Now lockdown's eased up a bit we need to get to nearest big town dealers (nice half hour drive) to arrange duplicates - probably cost more than the wretched car is worth but hey ho.

What irritates is that OH just takes it all for granted; he doesn't seem that worried about losing keys, and has just sat back and waited for me to 'organise it', 'sort it out'.... - like having a 5 year old around who thinks 'someone will arrange something'............

Sorry, sorry...................

For some reason the tv doesn't seem to like him very much;  he's come across the 'password' section - which I don't think I've encountered, and he's been sat there, staring at the screen, trying to put odd combinations of numbers (I think) into the 4 box password section.   I walked past him earlier this morning and saw what was on the screen.   Just thought - 'Leave him to it..'.   Walked back more than 30 minutes later and he was still staring at the screen............... !!!

Oh the joys of becoming mature.

Keep happy everyone

Chessie