Driving license exchange

jehe

In September of last year I carried out all the necessary actions to comply with ANTS requirements to exchange my UK license to a French one. I have checked the site almost weekly since then and each time the status of my request was given as 'under investigation'. On Friday I checked again only to find that my application has been deleted from the site. I am now left with a UK driving license that expired at the end of January and having to start the procedure from scratch. The real issue is that as my application was prior to Brexit it was not subject to a new agreement being reached however if I start again I am left in limbo whilst the UK agrees (or not) to reciprocal license exchange.

Unfortunately, I can't see your link as I've been blocked because the person who runs it, thinks her word is law. I had the temerity to voice the opinion that the agreement would be signed and there would be no problems. ????

• 5 weeks later...
Judith wrote:

"The Facebook page mentioned above has the full details, the UK gov site has some anomalies I understand .. but yes, they agreement is finally done, and information will come soon from the MOI. But the FB has all you need to know on it .."

Of course, as Doris on Facebook knows everything. ???

NickP,

I fact you are incorrect on this one.  Kim who runs the Facebook page not only has direct contact with ANTS, she keeps (and is kept) up to date with it all.  Her page is full of correct information, and she knew that this announcement was imminent, and it appeared on the FB group she manages as soon as it was cleared to be publicised, with a comment that it would be best to wait to act until the MOI produced their information before the end of the day (it did), as that would be the definitive information to follow.  So no brickbats please. In this instance they are totally unjustified.

No brickbats please? OK for you to say that, she hasn't blocked you because you disagreed with her comments. It's not a matter of me throwing brickbats at all. It's a matter of someone using their powers to force their own views and not allowing others to do the same. Facebook gets lots of anti comments also not everybody has access to it. So you might want to assist people who aren't Facebookers and chance?

The FB exchanging driving licences page has been recognised as a reliable source of information for a long time now. The information is available to everyone (except of course those who’s behaviour has resulted in their being banned). It is not a private club, anyone can join.

I don't do social media because, rightly or wrongly, I do not trust them.  My choice.

In relation to getting information about exchange of Uk driving licences, I can get it from official sites should I need to.  However, I have no need for it as I have had a French driving licence for the past 15 years.

• 3 weeks later...