Hair Conditioner.

jo

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds great but I really don't think I could go 3-4 weeks of iffy hair waiting for the natural process to level out. 

I have shoulder length hair that although relatively thick is very fine (blonde) and if I don't wash it everyday then it looks like *** by mid-morning. 

I am very particular about my hair and if it doesn't look good then I don't feel good, 3-4 weeks would be living hell for me.

These were my thoughts too Lisleoise, you are washing your hair daily as per normal but only with warm water.

I am on day two and it seems ok, It does not feel much different from actually using shampoo at the moment.

It was Jonzjob who convinced me to try it, all these things sound ok if you are working in a clean environment office or home. Johnzjob works with his carpentry and wood turning, yesterday I was cutting paving stones with a diamond cutter, I did wear a cap but the dust still gets in so I really did not think the dust and dirt would simply wash away with water. I am going on with my experiment.

You can still rinse it with water during the settling time.. It's just that until it settles down it will get a bit greasy because your scalp will still be pumping out the oils until it realises that it doesn't need to any more.

Good luck to you all. It is worth the first bit. My OHs hair is down past her shoulders and was very fine, but now it has lvely body and is much better than when using poo [:D]

[quote user="teapot"]

These were my thoughts too Lisleoise, you are washing your hair daily as per normal but only with warm water.

I am on day two and it seems ok, It does not feel much different from actually using shampoo at the moment.

It was Jonzjob who convinced me to try it, all these things sound ok if you are working in a clean environment office or home. Johnzjob works with his carpentry and wood turning, yesterday I was cutting paving stones with a diamond cutter, I did wear a cap but the dust still gets in so I really did not think the dust and dirt would simply wash away with water. I am going on with my experiment.

[/quote]

I too had a time when I was cutting slabs with an angle grinder and a diamond disk and yes the dust does rinse out, 'onest. Would I tell you a porky already [;-)]?

Good luck with it TP!![:D]

I have no real idea why I even viewed this thread much less find myself replying to it, I used to use Wash-n-Go for many years and it worked so suffice it to say that in the remaining follicle department my new avatar bears more than a passing resemblance to the real me [blink]

[quote user="ErnieY"]I have no real idea why I even viewed this thread much less find myself replying to it, I used to use Wash-n-Go for many years and it worked so suffice it to say that in the remaining follicle department my new avatar bears more than a passing resemblance to the real me [blink]

[/quote]

Taking longer to wash your face these days ErnieY [:D]

Yikes! no shampoo?? No way!! Have medium length, thick, curly hair which I blow dry and have to stick in place when i go out and want to feel good.But do various dirty, dusty sweaty jobs and no-way would just water shift the muck, sorry I´ll stick with the ´poo´!!

[quote user="jo"]Yikes! no shampoo?? No way!! Have medium length, thick, curly hair which I blow dry and have to stick in place when i go out and want to feel good.But do various dirty, dusty sweaty jobs and no-way would just water shift the muck, sorry I´ll stick with the ´poo´!![/quote]

You will never know unless you try Jo, but after all it is your choice [:D]!!

Why do you need to do yer roots Bubbles? Is it cause it's going grey, if so then why not let nature take it's course? If it's cause you've changed the colour then why not let it go back to natural?

Excuse me for being so nosey, but it's just my curiosity [:(]!

Other than that I don't know about using colouring of any kind? I started going grey when I was 21 and am pretty well there now I'm 31 [Www][:-))][8-)]?

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

Why do you need to do yer roots Bubbles? Is it cause it's going grey, if so then why not let nature take it's course? If it's cause you've changed the colour then why not let it go back to natural?

Excuse me for being so nosey, but it's just my curiosity [:(]!

Other than that I don't know about using colouring of any kind? I started going grey when I was 21 and am pretty well there now I'm 31 [Www][:-))][8-)]?

[/quote]

Collars and cuffs? [:$][Www]

Oh, yes, it is to cover the grey! Should have said.

I think letting the roots just grow is a step too far for me at the moment. (am rather older than 31 - in fact my son is about your age)

I hope colouring it wont ruin all my good efforts - I will use an ammonia-free brand.

To date I have survived over two weeks without any shampoo or conditioner and I am cautiously optimistic that this is going to be a great success.

I tried this a couple of years ago after reading similar suggestions on this forum. I went for 6 weeks sans shampoo or conditioner, just warm water and yes, my hair looked okay but when I got caught in a downpour a good friend told me honestly that my hair smelt like her dog when it was drying itself in front of the fire... in desperate need of a wash. So I washed.

This form of self-sustainability might've been okay in Victorian times when washing was an optional extra to the day but not today unless you are reclusive or live with people of similar habits. I'd become the sort of person I don't want to stand behind in supermarket queues. [:-))]

I do wash my hair less often now - every 3 or 4 days with maybe a warm water rinse on day 3 and I use much less of a better quality shampoo so the experiment did affect my habits longer term.

Nice to hear the last bit about your new habits, but neither me, with short hair, or OH, with long below shoulder length hair, smell like 'a dog' if/when we get our hair wet and I think that we would pass muster, in these modern times, in any company thank you.

And as far as standing behind someone in a supermarket queue then I hate (!!!!!!!!), with a vengance, standing behind anyone who has had a bath in some chemical substance that seems to pass as a perfume these daze, but has come out of hell!

Our labradog smells of dog, clean dog and nowt else but dog and she smells lovely. Wet, a bit stronger, but still just dog. The last time she was shampooed was never.

Evening Jonzjob,

May have to back out of the challenge for now, I was diamond cutting concrete today and the cement/lime dust is not great even with shampoo. Having to wash and scalp massage for a long time and hair still feels greasy. Doesn't smell though.

Cor, wot-a-wimp! Just mix a little water with the dust and let it set. You will never have hair problems again!![6]

I had to cut a channel through the re-enforced cementocrete outside our place about 18 months ago and got plastered, but it rinsed out OK. Took a bit longer, but no problems.. My little train drivers hat is worth it's weight in gold.

Thinks!!! Just as well it's very light or I wouldn't be able to afford that much gold [8-)]?