Summer 2009 sales

oldgit72

Oh dear, I do hope this isn't a first step to going the way of the UK where you have Summer and Winter sales, Spring and Autumn sales and more recently, the bit between Winter and Spring sales etc etc........ and you finish up with not knowing what is the normal price and what is the sale price.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]No chance of that OG! The shops here just have continuous promos! That get round all of the sales crap![/quote]

I have always found the sales in France to be genuine when compared to the UK with real reductions instead of the reduced price(normal price most of the year) stuff in England. The promotional offers can be worthwhile and we have bought a number of items from places like Bricomarche from their promo leaflets but I think the real bargains are to be had in the Summer and Winter sales, particularly clothing and shoes. I shall just have to be patient I guess.

Destocks isn't open again until August. Did get some bargains last month they had the contents of a stationers shop. I got double sided tape dispensers for 60 cents each instead of over two euros each - I bought the entire stock.

[quote user="Dog"] I got double sided tape dispensers for 60 cents each instead of over two euros each - I bought the entire stock.[/quote]

I'm having difficulty envisaging a double-sided tape dispenser. All the double-sided tape I've ever used had a peel-off backing, revealing the second glue-face. Is this this year's must-have gadget? Pray enlighten soonest!

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="oldgit72"]Does anyone know the official start date for this summers sales in France. I am saving up my centimes in anticipation!![/quote]http://www.service-public.fr/actualites/00860.html?xtor=EPR-140
(In Google English here)
[/quote]

Thanks Clair. 24 June seems to be the date. Also my wedding anniversary - might be able to get moh a bargain then!!