E-bay France?

Clair wrote the following post at 08/07/2009 20:39:

Mr Clair has bought and sold on Ebay France, using his Paypal account 90% of the time.

This is quite interesting. I have a paypal account registered in the UK. So if I were to sell on Ebay .fr could this be used to receive monies from buyers simply??? Or are there problems doing that? I used to buy and sell a lot in the UK, mainly before I moved over here and downsized via E bay!!  Over here I still need to sell some stuff but I buy from the UK and have a few friends who let me use their address for deliveries and then bring the items when they come over.

tuppence

No idea Tuppence... Mr Clair's Paypal account was created in France and is linked to his Ebay France account.

I don't use Paypal. I just don't trust them quite enough to give them access to my abk account! [:D]

[quote user="tuppence"]This is quite interesting. I have a paypal account registered in the UK. So if I were to sell on Ebay .fr could this be used to receive monies from buyers simply??? Or are there problems doing that? I used to buy and sell a lot in the UK, mainly before I moved over here and downsized via E bay!!  Over here I still need to sell some stuff but I buy from the UK and have a few friends who let me use their address for deliveries and then bring the items when they come over.[/quote]

Yes you can receive any currency through your Paypal account. Paypal automatically converts receipts to Sterling, unless you change the paramaters of your account to multiple currencies.

I have set up my (originally UK) paypal account to trade in Euro & Sterling, i.e. there are two balances. I can then choose which one I want to use to pay.

Take a look HERE for more info.

I'm not as active on eBay (UK or France) as I used to be but have bought several items on eBay.fr paying through my UK paypal A/C. The only thing you have to watch is the exchange rate which is not the best. Currently it's showing @ 1.12 whereas the interbank rate, according to Hifx, is hovering around the 1.16 mark so if you're intending to do much it would be worth registering a French card or opening a new A/C with Paypal.fr