What a great idea!!

trastu

Hi everyone

Just received an email from someone wanting to set up an online one-stop-shop where a wide range of products and services provided by UK retailers and wholesalers who are willing to offer a subsidised or even free delivery to France can be accessed by everyone.

To see the benefits of this and complete a short survey that will be used in persuading UK retailers to venture into the Franch market please go to www.goodyjar.co.uk

About the only products I really miss are ginger beer and Ginger Nuts, which my local Auchan is now stocking at a ridiculous price. All our visitors are instructed to bring out Ginger Nut biccies when they come, but cans of ginger beer are just too bulky and difficult to bring unless by car!

[quote user="Jazzer"]Carrefour at angoulins were last week selling off short dated ginger nuts and dark chocolate McVities digestives at 50 centimes a packet.[/quote]

I really miss very few UK products but oh what bliss that would have been. I adore McVities chocolate digestives; now those I do miss. Sigh.[:(]

Perhaps a request of the next visitors from the UK is in order.

Sue

Or you can buy McVities digestives in the French section of supermarkets now for 1 euro 40c.  seems expensive but a little treat now  and again. The French were buying them, check out the advert on UTube it is hilarious.

[quote user="valB"]Or you can buy McVities digestives in the French section of supermarkets now for 1 euro 40c. [/quote]

That might just depend where you live. We live in a tourist area but definitely no sign of them at all; perhaps that is because at least 85% of the tourists are French.

[quote user="valB"]The French were buying them, check out the advert on UTube it is hilarious.[/quote]

Love the advert; would just love to get hold of some McVities, with, or even without, chocolate, but nothing available as yet. [:(]

Sue

• 1 month later...
Just bought some Mc vities digestives and chocolate digestives from the French biscuit part of intermarche. They are still selling the english version on the "Anglais" shelf for about three times the price.

Only complaint is that the chocolate seems different,perhaps what were used to can't be classed as chocolate in France?

Having not been back to the UK properly for 10 years, there's very little I miss from over there. What I do miss, I can buy from the local supermarket, that's only Branstone pickle, marmite and Bisto gravy. Yeah, it is pricier, but if I'm only buying the stuff once or twice a month, it's no train smash. The rest I can live without quite happily (and have done so for 10 years).

I certainly don't miss the beer. Had a can the other week, Boddintons or something. Forgotten how flat tasting the beer is. No wonder it sells poorly overseas! It was cold though. [;-)]

R.

• 2 weeks later...