about to loose mobile phone credit...

osie

I have a French PAYG which runs out tonight and wondered if anybody has an idea what to do with the 20€ credit.... I dont want to do a group happy new year to the world or send a photo for the sake or it...

So, if there is a number I can ring to get some thing or give something, or something that I can download on the web  .. I would love to know

Cheers

osie

No luck for me with bouygues... the tariff suits me but some times I end up with some unused credit over winter....

I just downloaded some games.. which I have never done before....which has at least used up the credit...

the brainteaser one is pretty good...

I now know what keeps the music industry alive.. its unused credit PAYG ringtone downloads :-D

It's certainly something for newcomers to watch out for. I bought an Orange PAYG SIM when we came to sign for our house; I didn't use it again, or at least try to use it again, until we moved in 8 months later. Not only was the credit of 30€ gone but the number was lost too!! This was some time ago, and it may be different now, but it made me look for alternative services and I found that Virgin PAYG suited my needs best; the credit, depending on which tariff you select, can last for 90 days, and so long as you top up before it expires, the remaining credit is carried forward. I don't use the phone very much, it's mainly an emergency tool and a few "txts".

Sid

Change to www.zeroforfait.com

I've used them for quite some time now since they started up. No forfait (as the name suggests) you just get billed monthly for what you've used and the rates are good too. Minimum of 15€ usage a quarter is the only proviso.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have a problem with phone credit. I have been on Mobicarte PAYG for a couple of years, try as I might I cannot get rid of the credit but have to recharge it to keep the service. I have had over 100€ on it minimum for the last 9 months. I have decided that I will cut my losses and go for a "low use" tariff.

I was on the verge of getting a Leclerc sim as I thought this was the only one on the market until I saw the 'zeroforfait' link, which looks even better. Are there any drawbacks, does anyone know - it looks too good to be true?

Karen

With the Leclerc there is a standing charge of 1.50€ per month which gives you calls on a sliding scale starting at 0.40€. Or a charge of 3.50€ per month with calls at 0.16€. No charge with Zero Forfait. Swings and roundabouts maybe?

Are there any other "light use" sims lurking out there?

Karen

I had that situation once.   Fortunately it was New Year's Eve, so I rang up as many friends in the UK as I had credit for.  Tell you what, they were dead impressed when I said, "Sorry, MUST go, I'm on my mobile!  Happy New Year from FRANCE!"[:D]

Dead silence or perhaps the sound of jaws dropping the other end before I heard the click of their phones being replaced....

The only 'drawback' to the Zeroforfait offer is that you have tho spend 5€ a quarter - not too difficult. If you are interested in joining them we could both benefit from a 15€ voucher if I 'parrain' you. I just need your name and email address - PM me.