recycle newspapers

ViVienne

I just bought a "log" maker to make logs from newspapers, you have to tear them into strips and soak them for a couple of days then press them into brick shape logs, they take about a week to dry out then you can use them on your fire, They are supposed to burn for about 1 hour and I think they are going to be a good way of getting the log burner going.  A great way to use up all those newspapers we have been keeping to recycle.

I bought one of these and set about energetically making logs for the fire. Not sure what I did wrong, maybe squeezed them too tight?  I couldn't get them to stay alight for love nor money! Did think about soaking them in petrol[blink] but decided that wasn't the best - or cheapest - idea[:)]

[quote user="Dog"]It will keep you warm making them - from my memory of them in the 1980's it took more effort to make them than foraging for sticks to make faggots.[/quote]

And I thought that "it was my mother that made me a homosexual, if I give you the wool etc" - how things have changed since the 80s.

John

[quote user="ViVienne"]I tried the logs, and they burn fine, better to put in the fire after it has got going though, I will use a mixture of paper and real logs.[/quote]

How tight did you pack them? Could it be that that I was getting wrong?[:(]