Re: Moving to France and creating a blog

Firstly, cabman, thanks for your complimentary message. By 'blatant advertising' I meant advertising my blog on the Living France website - they clearly state that advertising is not allowed! Being computer illiterate, I wouldn't know where to begin regarding cutting and pasting 'Frog Blog' onto this site. Somehow I doubt that it's possible. Thanks again for taking the time to read my bloggie thing.

Secondly, possum, if you wish to publicise your blog, I suggest that you make the effort to create your own posting rather than hijacking mine. If I could get rid of your blatantly intrusive and completely irrelevant posting, I would have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in doing so. But, very unfortunately, your message appeared without a 'delete' icon.

Hello Russethouse, Welcome to my posting. As you obviously can't see, LF is (not are) only encouraging the launching of new 'blogs' to be written on their site; not blogs in general and certainly not those that already exist on other sites, such as mine and Pissem's. As for Pissem's post being quite in order, I'm afraid you've goofed again. Look a little closer at my wording and, rather than leaping to a grossly inaccurate conclusion, you may just notice that my posting isn't "on the topic of blogs" as you suggest. Instead, it's about a blog. Or, more specifically, my blog. And as such, Pissem's dastardly hijacking of my posting, purely for her own promotional purposes, with no mention of my blog whatsoever, far from being in order, is patently obviously quite the opposite: way out of order. So, in future, before you opine in such a matronising and schoolmistressy manner again, kindly engage brain first, thus avoiding the considerable embarrassment of opening your big mouth and putting your foot in it... and that, madam, is how 'conversations' tend to go here. A smug, sanctimonious, smiley little face to you too.

Frank O Fyle,  I am sorry you feel strongly enough about it to be rude. We are a friendly forum and normally members here are happy to share hints, tips and threads.

The moderators are the people who make judgments about hi - jacking, if you have a complaint about it, you complain to them, there is really no need to be quite so unpleasant. Or alternatively make a light hearted comment.........

If any 'outside' blogs start to contravene the advertising rules in place, don't worry, the posts will be removed.

I havn't been more appalled since the days of 'Plato Comes Home'.

Mr O' Fyfe won't recognise that user name, as he's been here 3 seconds, and in that time he has insulted two members.

In a spirit of generosity - which probably won't last - here's a tip: YOU can't edit or delete other peoples posts, only your own. Tip/hint, take it as you wish.

Russethouse, Okay, point taken. I humbly apologise for sinking to the same level of communication as others. However, if you look back, I think you'll find that I wasn't the one that instigated being rude and unpleasant.

And thanks for your advice about following an alternative means of reciprocation by making a light-hearted comment. So, for your entertainment, here are two...

Apparently one should no longer be surprised, annoyed or indignant about being invaded by Americans who just walk in, make themselves at home, act as though they own the place, take full advantage of other peoples' resources, opportunity and property (including intellectual property), and then howl in shock and/awe horror at even the mildest form of retaliation, believing it to be completely and totally unjustified.

Also, what a joy it is to discover that the art of penning an intelligent, eloquent, erudite, well considered and highly stimulating missive is not yet dead. I refer, of course, to the recent prosaic and lyrical contribution from that master of the English language, towering intellectual and living proof that Darwin was right, Avey-moron.

[quote user="Monika"]All I can say is, thank god for Moderators, otherwise I would never use a Forum again, it would be to frightening and intimidating if somebody just can come along and offend people.  [/quote]

I'm intrigued though, about Mr F. Is it possible he has never used a forum before, moderated or otherwise?  I think if someone pops into a forum and starts posting without getting a 'feel' for how it works it could be very easy to offend.

When he referred to 'my post' I think he meant 'my thread'; only someone pretty new could think they 'own' the thread (i.e, have some control or say over what happens 'next') just because they started it, and only someone very new to it could even begin to imagine they could delete someone elses reply.

Still his comments to PossumGirl and Gay were just not on; not in content or style.

I hope Mr F comes back and explains his reactions further, in the light of comments made since his last post.

[quote user="Frank O'Fyle"]Russethouse, Okay, point taken. I humbly apologise for sinking to the same level of communication as others. However, if you look back, I think you'll find that I wasn't the one that instigated being rude and unpleasant. ...

Am I reading the same thread as you?. You read it back. It was you that was rude, otherwise this thread would have just been 'great blog Mr F 

... Apparently one should no longer be surprised, annoyed or indignant about being invaded by Americans who just walk in, make themselves at home, act as though they own the place, take full advantage of other peoples' resources, opportunity and property (including intellectual property), and then howl in shock and/awe horror at even the mildest form of retaliation, believing it to be completely and totally unjustified.

First you call  possumgirl 'pissem', then you make a stack of assumptions based on her nationality and god knows what else.

I just don't get it.

I am going to lock this thread, for Frank O'Fyles reference there is no need to be personal to other forum members or to attempt to insult their nationality - we have several very welcome American members here.

If and when you have a complaint about another members behavior the correct thing to do is press the report icon at the bottom right of the post.