Carrefour Loyalty Card

I have a Carrefour Carte de Fidelite,  and each time I shop there and use it, I get given a sort of voucher, with an increasing value on it.    I'm assuming it is for money off at some future point.  My question is - how do I redeem it?  My French isn't up to understanding the small print on the back of the voucher unfortunately.

Amanda

I haven't any at hand, and haven't really looked at any for ages. Coupons corresponding to the amount you've accumulated used to be sent by post to be redeemed in store. However, a friend mentioned the other day that it seemed to have changed. I seem to remember that my last few did have an increasing value on them, instead of just the amount on that occasion. So maybe you can redeem the cash while shopping now; it does seem a long time since I was sent any vouchers; I'll have to read my voucher later in the week!  [:)]

We get the vouchers sent every couple of months and we get a bigger return for our money than with the other store cards we have.

The info on the many receipts you are given usually just informs you what you have bought that qualifies towards your voucher.

When there is a bank holiday coming up pay closer attention as they often give a special (large) money off your bill voucher valid for the bank holiday only.

The address that you gave when you signed up for the loyalty card is used to send "cheques de fidelite" - vouchers for money off, which expire after about 2 months. The amount as a percentage has dropped in the last 18 months, as has the range of goods to which the return applies. We have now set up an account with the Carrefour website which enables us to download the cheques instead of having them posted out to us. However, the Bank Holiday specials are still given by way of printouts from the cash till accompanying the receipt.

Regards

Pickles

Wow - thanks for the super-quick replies! 

So it seems as if the slip I'm given at the till, with the increasing amount, is not something I can use in itself?  Rather that it is telling me this is what I am accumulating, and then I will be sent a voucher to redeem, in the post?

Not had anything from them in the post so far - does it have to get up to a certain amount before they will send a voucher?

Amanda

[quote user="savoirflair"]So it seems as if the slip I'm given at the till, with the increasing amount, is not something I can use in itself?  Rather that it is telling me this is what I am accumulating, and then I will be sent a voucher to redeem, in the post?[/quote]

Yes, that's correct. But watch out amongst your receipts for the vouchers with bar codes which are for money off specific products or for eg 8€ off an 80€ spend on a Bank Holiday.

[quote user="savoirflair"]Not had anything from them in the post so far - does it have to get up to a certain amount before they will send a voucher?[/quote]

Yes, the minimum is 4€. At present, if when you get your cheque fidelite, you sign up on line to get future ones downloaded over the internet, you will get a once-off bonus of 5€ on your next cheque fidelite.

Regards

Pickles

We've had two Carrefour open up close to us recently, one very local in a rebranded ex-Champion store and one an ex-InterMarche in the next smallish town.  The one a way away often sends us money off vouchers, get extra points vouchers and when we transferred our InterMarche card to Carrefour, got a cheque for over €34 plus lots of other money off vouchers.  Interestingly, the local store doesn't.

The cheques for the points we have accumulated come bi-monthly.

Different store - same qyuestion. how do you redeem points on Bricomarche loyalty cards. We've spend a lot on money over the last few years, so must a quite a bit. I asked last week and was told to say I wanted to use the card but the total was only for the points gained on what I'd spent at the time - strange??