Ginger biscuits

minnie

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="minnie"]Thanks everyone for ideas and recipes. Coops gave me an idea - Im flying to visit my sister in UK at the end of the month. I'm only taking hand luggage but I'm sure I can manage to fit in a few packs of ginger nuts....[/quote]

In hand luggage they will probably get confiscated once they have been through the scanner - the customs people will then have an enjoyable tea break [:D]

Where we are we couldn't get Marmite. We were in a bar talking to some tourists visiting from the UK and this somehow came up. I think they said do you miss anything from England and expected us to say family but we said Marmite ! Anyways they left and 2 weeks later 6 jars of Marmite turned up in the post. How nice some people are.

[quote user="Alpinemist"]…they said do you miss anything from England and expected us to say family but we said Marmite ![/quote]

I heartily concur with your sense of priorities and am glad to report that, in this part of France at least, Carrefour has timidly begun to stock small containers of Marmite.  I bought three or four jars to give them a sense of encouragement. 

• 2 weeks later...
You can buy McVitie Ginger Nuts in our local SuperU, but they are expensive compared to the UK price. I usually get a dozen own brand packets brought over by friends - I love dunking them in coffee but I try and tell people they are for my donkeys - they absolutely love them![:)]