Cheap parcel post to France

Gardener

We have used this company a couple of times and have found them to be reliable, quick and cheap. www.parcelsplease.co.uk

When we shop on line but find that the companies either don't deliver to France or it costs an arm and a leg, we get them sent to a relatives house and they pack them up, we pay for the postage and arrange collection on line and it's with us within 4 days!

Mrs G is now busying herself with her new bakeware and sofa covers.

• 3 weeks later...
Used for the first time beginning of Feb.

Had to book parcel over phone as their website was having a bit of a problem.

Should have been a clue as to what was to come, when I was asked if the parcel was ok if it was dropped from waist height!

Anyway they lost the parcel, it took over 2 weeks for them to agree they had lost it and I am now fighting to get compensation

I have used them again since that date and with the online tracking, I have a pretty good idea where my parcel is during the 3 days it is in transit.

I imagine that is no comfort at all to you though, as a bad experience tends to negate any positives, at least it does often for me.

There is a thread running on the moneysavingexpert site re UK-based courier services and resellers: I would suggest that anyone who wants to find out more about these services should have a browse through the posts made there.

Regards

Pickles

I used them about six months ago for a small parcel - England to France.

It took just over two weeks.

The parcel visited: Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Germany before arriving at my house!

Apparently someone read F and thought it meant Finland instead of France!! That was their excuse anyway.

I've always booked via Parcels2go and found them to be very reliable, you pick which service such as DHL, Fed ex or Parcelforce. As a rule i'll use DHL as its normally quicker with less damages and its full trackable. I think the services sometimes break down in terms of delays when they hit France as they sometimes use a 3rd party courier to deliver, In the Gers the guy was fantastic as we were frequent users I could normally time it to within an hour as I knew his route or he'd leave it hidden for us. Its not quite so good here in the Herault as they sometimes just leave a card even though you are in and have to phone for it to be re delivered which is a bit of a pain but then again we don't use it as much now.

Well, I should think anything's cheaper than La Poste...

I have recently had cause to send out copies of a book.

For the UK addressees, I posted in the UK; each jiffy bag containing one book cost £1 (maybe a fraction over, but only a penny or two). [EDIT: Just checked; it was £1.11p]

The ones for French recipients, I took to the Vendee with me last week to despatch from there; postage on each jiffy bag cost 3.50 euros.

I think it would have been cheaper to post the French ones from England!

Angela

EDIT2:  It would!  From the UK to France, the postage on each package would be £2.50!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have used Parcels Please and was very happy with the speed. One thing was broken (nothing precious) and there was a dent in another. I shouldn't have let my husband pack the parcel!

Several friends have used them and been impressed.

One person's parcel was damaged, but again, her son probably didn't pack it well. They were compensated for lost items, but then the items were delivered to the UK address.

[quote user="sueyh"]On Saturday I sent one cd in a good firm envelope to england and it cost me 4.40 euros. Rather expensive me thinks.

Suey[/quote]

You were ripped off then, it should have cost you 2€