Tesco clothing, fast delivery to France

Chancer

I would have posted this on the existing thread but the forum search would not bring it up.

This is the second time that I have ordered clothes on line from Tesco with delivery to France as I was very pleased the first time with the quality v price, the delivery price and speed.

I placed my order late Saturday night and it was confimed immediately, I was surprised to get another mail on Sunday to say that the parcel had been despatched, I have been watching the tracking and was not surprised to see that it remained in the transport company hub for a couple of days given the time of year, it arrived in France at 20.50 last night and I really did not expect to recieve it this morning but I did!

Other than this order my festive budget is zero as in all other years, but as all the smaller clothes I bought in the autumn are now once again loose on me I felt it was time for a little indulgence. I took a bit of a gamble on the sizes but am proud to say that for the first time in my life a fitted shirt size small and trousers with a 30" waist fit me perfectly.

I was and still am really impressed with the quality of the Tesco clothing although when I was in store a few weeks ago everything had changed, I didnt actually see anything I really liked and the prices seemed a lot higher, however it did mean that i could buy the formal wear that I so liked from the website at a clearance price, if like me you are more than happy to wear stuff that is perhaps no longer à la mode, and lest face it real style never goes out fo fashion then i recommend you give their site a look, delivery is £6.95 to France, it may still be free to the UK, you can also  return stuff free in the UK.

All of my 30" waist jeans must have shrunk, so I now need 32" [Www] Is it the climate? [;-)]

Agree with Dave, the Basics are great for working! I usually buy those and some t-shirts when in UK. Mme Sid always says "How many t-shirts do you need?". Over here the Decathlon clothing is not bad for everyday and working. I must admit, I didn't think about getting Tesco stuff delivered here.

Yes I love Decathlon for sport wear! Not that I had ever bought or worn any till this year.

The delivery charge from Tesco equates to my diesel cost to go to either Amiens or Arras where places like Decathlon are.

One thing I find about a store like Tesco is once they create their own brands rather than just shifting volumes of whatever tat they can buy cheaply, is that they are consistent on the sizing, now I know the sizes and lengths that fit me I can order in confidence.

I have clothes ranging from small to extra large that all fit me to the same degree, how can that be? 

I also have a pair of Columbia sportswear shorts that are labelled small but you could get 2 of me in them! I guess they are sized for americans!

Graham and Brenda.

I cant recall the details but it is definitely set up with the express intention of facilitating that and it works very well, there was a seperate section to fill out for card and delivery address being different, have another look or call them.

Once it is set up it is seamless for any further orders which is why I cannot answer your question from memory.

I have been unable to add a French billing address for my UK debit or credit cards. I have phoned Tesco customer services this morning to ask if they can add a UK credit card with a French billing address and the answer is "NO". This means we can't use the online grocery shopping with the delivery service to France that we were planning to try. Doh!

Well, I received a reply

"Thank you for your email.

Firstly, please allow me to apologise for the delay in getting back to

you. We do endeavour to get back to all enquiries as quickly as

possible, and I’m very sorry that we’ve let you down in that respect.

Unfortunately, you can only register UK addresses at Tesco.com at this

particular time. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience

caused. Please don't hesitate to contact me or one of my colleagues

should you require further assistance.

Kind regards

Andrew Evans

Grocery Customer Services"

I find this totally amazing for such a large international company - it's almost "French" isn't it [:)]

Even on the food delivery for La Maison, to deliver to them from Tesco,  we have to have a UK address on the debit/credit card, even though delivering to the La Maison address in the UK. M & S are ok delivering to France with UK card, as is Lakeland.

Tesco have consistently been flagged as the worst offender. 

If more of us looked at our ethics and morals when shopping the world might be a better place.  Many people who move to France cite the local markets, local shops, the less 'corporate and greedy ethos' as a factor - yet we created that environment in the UK by the need for 'quick, cheap and easy' - regardless of the price paid by others for our convenience.