Cheap car insurance?

Chancer

My avis d'echeance has just arrived, I only have the minimum tiers cover with a company that was recommended on this forum (thanks Dave 21478) but it keeps going up around 10% a year so I am trying to get a better quote.

Another reason is that they are getting a load of bad press and I suspect that they may well go pop like my last insurer.

As I said they are still cheap at €149 for tiers cover on a 6cv vehicle with 0km franchise breakdown cover so if you know of another that is likely to be in that ball park, perhaps one that has recently launched then please let me know, as you appreciate I dont have weeks to do this in.

I have tried a couple that came up on google.fr, a comparison site and also Admiral who are now selling insurance in France but all the quotes were ludicrous, plus its a soul destroying performance repeatedly answering unecessary and irrelevant questions.

many thanks

I find Groupama pretty competitive, and they dealt very satisfactorily with a recent claim.

I don't know about Picardie, but they have branches in many small towns around here, which means I can discuss matters in person with our agent instead of writing letters or going to the city.

Closest price so far but what a shower of ****!!!

They want to know the ins and outs of a ducks *******e and revel in making you enter the same info not one, not two but more than 3 times, then you have to create your own espace perso on their web site just to save the quote which involves inputting all the data yet again, (why do the french so love to think up more and more irrelevant questions to ask) then they send you an Email with your username and password written in full , well thats crap security as I used my usual ones [:(]

Then after all that the website decides not to keep the devi after all so I really cant recall if it was €18 or €28 more.

I am getting a terminally depressive case of deja vu, I go through this K-rap every year, now I will be besieged with phone calls pushing me to accept the exceptional deals.

Why cant a French company just make something good value and above all simple like Free.fr? The closest I have found in the insurance world was Ineas and they were Dutch!

[quote user="Chancer"] now I will be besieged with phone calls pushing me to accept the exceptional deals.

[/quote]

One thing you might consider is to give "another number" if you then take up their offer change your phone number on their system.

Have you looked at www.lelynx.fr? It's the French site of confused.com. And yes, I know that confused.com and lelynx.fr are owned by the same people that own Admiral, which is a good and competitive company with appalling customer service, but the British site doesn't plug the Admiral product unduly, so the French one may be the same.

Also, because many of the people who go for third party only cover tend to be those who are bad risks, a lot of insurers are biased against giving basic cover, and it can be almost as expensive, sometimes more, than comprehensive, so it's always worth getting a quote for different levels of cover.