Has anyone used Directe Energie for electricity?

NormanH

It's just a  case of 'the last straw'. I have been with them for 19 years and am getting tired of their fonctionnaire mentality. (Many employees have not yet embraced private sector practices)

My new place has tarif bleu which is fine, but not the option heures pleines/heures creuses

I don't need to change to this for various reasons, but on filling in the online form it comes up with that as the automatic option, which I can't change, and for which I am being charged 36€ on top of the 27€ access charge. This involves a technician coming at a certain vague period of time on a day I don't wish to be there.

Doing the calculations online some of the other providers are cheaper, but I wondered if anyone has any experience of their administration, customer service, and reliability.

Just after we moved back to England, I was stopped whilst out shopping by someone trying to get me to change to EDF. I said that I didn't want them ever again and I had been with them for 25 years and that was enough! They looked at me like I was lying, but what the heck, I wasn't and I do avoid using them.

When they opened the market up in France a good friend of ours was making a big effort along with a few other friends  of hers to have a sort of mini campaign to  get people they knew to stick with these 'old' companies, there was not 'benefit' for her at all.  Simply, she reckoned that the EDF would always be far better than any other provider.  Must call and ask who she is with now.[Www]

We used Poweo, who were the existing suppliers when we bought this house in 2010, and have been Direct Energie customers since July last year, when they combined with Poweo.

So far they have been considerably more efficient than Poweo, who had a practically non-existent customer service, and never acknowledged or used the meter readings I supplied on line, so that there was a large facture to pay when the meter was eventually read by ERDF. Not that I minded paying half our bill 6 months in arrears!

I get an email a few days before a reading is due, and an acknowledgement as soon as I enter it on line. Now, after 6 months, the factures represent my actual usage, so I have no complaints. I have never had any issues to test their service, but as this is provided by ERDF, I expect it would be the same level as they provide to any oher supplier.

My tariff is "Offre Direct Electricité" Puissance 12kVA, Option HP/HC.

According to the comparateur I would save 5€ a year by choosing the Internet tariff, but I prefer to get bills and correspondence on paper[:D]

• 1 month later...
We have just signed up with Direct Energie, it was very straightforward. We still have HC/HP but are guaranteed 5% of the national tariff (EDF rate). I think it is much the same as in England, the supply is exactly the same, just a diffierent company administering the contract.

Hi Norman, for us it was a brand new contract situation as we were moving into our new house, rather than switching suppliers. I'm sure from memory however that if we had been switching suppliers at the same address to DE, we would have been eligible for their online tariff and saved 10% rather than 5%. I'm pretty sure it will be as it is in the UK in that the new supplier takes care of the switch from the old. Maybe it would be worth giving them a ring if that isn't made clear on the Direct Energie website.

I investigated Directe Energie following your post Norman (thanks) and it seemed attractive. So we switched about a month ago, it was all confirmed by email and a few days ago we had a final bill from EDF. All very easy and smooth and done online and we needed no intervention with EDF.