Free Lamp Bulbs

Cathar Tours

Whilst looking at the local newspaper today I found an advertisement for free LED lamp bulbs.

Well they could be free depending on your income but you could at least get 70% off.

You are entitled to ten.

https://www.mesampoulesgratuites.fr/

I have nothing to do with this personally, just thought it might be interesting for some. You do need to quote your French tax code to get them. Some form of government scheme I believe.

Pour une gratuité totale, le revenu fiscal de référence ne devra

dépasser en Ile-de-France 24 107 € pour un foyer d’1 personne, 35 382 €

pour deux personnes, 42 495 € pour trois personnes ou 49 630 € pour 4

personnes. Dans les autres régions, ces plafonds de revenus sont fixés

respectivement à 18 342 €, 26 826 €, 32 260 € et 37 690 €. Pour les

ménages dépassant ces revenus, le pack d’ampoules est proposé à 29,99 €

au lieu d’un prix annoncé à 102 €.

So I reckon many of us could qualify...

Thanks for that, shame I just ordered another load of LED bulbs, expect to see loads of these for sale at the rédéries in future.

Here are the revenue conditions: http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/Plafonds_de_ressources.pdf

I have to laugh though, after having the best year ever, with what feels like I have money coming out of my ears I find that my RFR is one 3rd of that which they consider to be grand précarité [:D] as always its calculated as a percentage of the national average, if you have a little bit less than M. Toutlemeonde then you must be pauvre and in précarité even if you feel that you are rich, they never consider that M. Toutlemonde is actually very well off.

Still it wont stop me from running my free energy efficient lighting from cut rate social tarif electricité which in their wisdom they applied to all my electricité supplies including the rental apartments despite their rules being, and quite rightly so, that only one abonnement per foyer can be subsidised.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I resisted the temptation to be sarcastic and comment on why they should give you warning that the bulbs were on the way but I thought of you today.

The factrice called wanting my signature for 10 LED bulbs which I had not signed up for, not given away all my personal détails for redistribution to the scammers like the rest of you poor souls,  - no warning  [:P]

Direct energie being one of the very few French companies that dont like paperasse to pay for lardy backsides to sit behine desks or go on sick leave decided to send out their quota of bulbs to their customers without making them jump through any unnecessary hoops, - no warning [:P]

Now as I have 3 electricity supplies and contracts through them will I be getting another 2 sets?

Mine were a mixture of different types, bulbs, candles, ES and BC including three GU10 downlight bulbs.

Happy days, the only Christmas or birthday present that I will have recieved in the last decade!

I was talking rubbish about there being BC (bayonet cap) LED bulbs in the package, which is a real shame as the only remaining bulbs that I have after fitting hundreds of led downlighters are in my cellar and they have BC douilles (can write it but not say it) but at least they have CFL lamps in them.

Well fingers crossed Direct Energy send us a second set. They have already rung us up in the new dwelling to see if we want to change to them, odd as we already are.

The day the bulbs arrived, one of the main ones in the kitchen blew, so we have already used two up. 3000k rather than 2300k, quite a difference, feel like I am in an operating theatre.

• 4 months later...
I may have said this earlier in this thread, but I cannot be ar'ed to go through it again......... I get pulled up every time I call a lamp a bulb........ bulbs is what apparently, one plants in the garden, if one does that sort a thing!

Lampz is what you put in light fittings....... and 'he' won't have any different[Www]

Well, I put bulbes in all of our lamps and I ain't not had one sprout yet [:-))]

We also have bed side lamps, not bed side light fittings [8-|] and what do you call a standard lamp? A standard light fitting peut etre [8-)]

You can tell him that a lamp is usually a stand alone bit-a-kit and a light fitting is what I would call something that sticks out of the ceiling/wall jobbie [kiss]

"Idun said: I may have said this earlier in this thread, but I cannot be ar'ed to go through it again......... I get pulled up every time I call a lamp a bulb........ bulbs is what apparently, one plants in the garden, if one does that sort a thing!"

So why the repeat! Rather a silly comment and topic imho.

Not silly at all. Can you even try to imagine planting lamps because you thought they should be bulbs and wonder why your daffodillies aren't growing[:-))]

And pluging a daffodillie bulb in yer lamp could blow a fuse init [geek]

It's very important to know the difference after all Richard. A sense of humour helps too dunit [:D]

And before anyone takes umbridge to this then just stick yer tounge in yer cheek like wot I did [blink]

Just as a matter if interest, did you know thta an incandescing light bulb is most likely to fail the instant you switch it on. That is because when it is first switched on the current is highest due to the fact that the tiny coils that make up the filiment have not had the time to produce a back EMF caused by the coil windings. This is due to the changing magnetic field caused by the AC, alternating current.

The back EMF produces a current in opposition to the AC power source and restricts the primary current. But that is only the case when the primary power is AC and is caused by the continous rise and fall of the voltage and therefore current provided. Lenz's Law come into that.

If it is a DC,  direct current, then there is no back EMF produced because there is no change in the current and therefore no change in the magnetic field in the coils.

A bit rusty I know, but I was in my teens when I learned that lot [:-))] and bow to any corrections [blink]

As a totally different asside Richard, I prefer Ricard to 51. A much nicer taste [8-|]