Teaching English

Paula

I am interested in starting private English lessons. I want to work on a part-time basis as my husband is the main breadwinner and we have two young children. I have been trying to find out what I have to do to register. However, so far I cannot seem to find a way to do it where I would be able to pay social security and tax and take some money home!! Can anyone give me some advice about this as I am keen to start and I know that there would be a great demand in the area I live.

I think the lack of response is because as far as anyone on the Forum knows this is impossible to achieve legitimately?

I taught English to speakers of other languages in UK but as yet have not found a way to do this privately here. ANPE have said that in their opinion I would be able to teach English in schools and also to business people. I am very dubious about the former and its not what I want to do anyway as I did summer schools for French kids in UK and it was a nightmare. There are organisations that employ one on a part time basis and send one out to workplaces to teach business people. Try registering at your local ANPE and they should be able to tell you of any local opportunities. Wherabouts are you?

• 1 month later...
If you are helping children with their homework in their parents' homes this can come under the chque d'emploi scheme.