New regulations in France relating to commission etc

Calvados

We are not aware of any new restrictions. As far as I am aware, things are as they always have been, i.e. there is no restriction on British people working in France as long as they can find suitable employment (not always easy when unemployment is high among the French) or, if self-employed, they are properly registered.

Would you mind telling us where you heard about restrictions?

My wife heard one of her senior mgrs talking about the fact that a new regulation had just come in that would restrict earnings potential of commission earners whom were British nationals working in France... Now we know nothing else... So I wanted to find out if anyone has more details on this.. please..

Tx

Hi

Could you explain what you mean by commission earners ? Do you mean employees who have a commission as part of their earnings package ?

Or an agent ? (the eu Agents Directive is little known in Britain but more widely acknowledged outside the little Isle).

Or..

Cheers

John

Yes that's right, commission earned as part of the package...

I believe the French authorities have put some sort of earnings capping on to the earnings...that's all I know and I wanted some clarity on this...

Tx

Bill

There have indeed been some Chinese whispers on another forum about commission-only sales jobs in France becoming illegal.

Are you perhaps referring to working as an agent commercial in Fench property sales? This is an area which was challenged in the French courts last year, and although it does not specifically affect the British there are quite a lot of British working in this field.

Its not only for commission only earners, butit has apparently already been regulated in the last few months...I dont have any other info and I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me..Is there anyone there that has connections with French law..?

Tx

Bill