LOADSAMONEEEEEE!!!!!!

Just Katie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Katie KopyKat"]

SB good idea.  "Tramping" is good for the liver and your wellbeing.  I think (and this is only my opinion before you all slaughter me again) there are loads of members here who need to loosen up a bit!  Who knows may be just the remedy!!

[/quote]

Tramping.......Mr O used to do this a lot, It is something truckers do when working away all week, I can assure you it is not good for the wellbeing of anyone.

Mrs O

[quote user="viva"][quote user="jond"]

I'm having trouble getting the vision of trampolining goats out of my mind. Very Terry Gilliam. .

[/quote]

There you go Jond , this should stay with you a while!

jumpinggoats.jpg

[/quote]

Viva - Thank you. I think. As you are clearly a lady of exquisite and

discerning tastes you may find the following link of interest, if you

have not already seen it:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/faintinggoats.html

[quote user="Renaud"]There is a lot of technical language on this thread that I have not understood. What exactly is a 'troll' in LF forum speak? And 'glove puppet'?[/quote]

http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Perhaps this sounds inconceivable. You may think, "Surely there is something I can write that will change them." But a true troll can not be changed by mere words.   There is more on this.

But I think some posters think 'trolls' are an endangered species and want to protect them!

I think but I'm not sure that a sock puppet is another persona of the same troll; so they can talk, argue or just contradict themselves.

Great subject for a Psychiatrist I think!

"...they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.   "Surely there is something I can write that will change them."   But a true troll can not be changed by mere words"

Very disturbing what you wrote Viva, it resembles the description of psychopaths...

[quote user="Renaud"]

Thanks Viva.

My favorite New Yorker cartoon is of a cheerful dog sitting at a computer, paw on keyboard. He is turning to another dog and saying "The great thing about the internet is that nobody knows that you are a dog".

[/quote]

That sounds like a Larson cartoon, I love his sense of humour!

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

"...they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.   "Surely there is something I can write that will change them."   But a true troll can not be changed by mere words"

Very disturbing what you wrote Viva, it resembles the description of psychopaths...

[/quote]

I can't take the credit for this description, just stumbled accross it on google. Internet trolls even get a mention on  wikipedia.

Hi it's Twinkle again,I've just logged on and I can't believe what's been going on since I posted my message on Saturday! I've been called a lot of things in my life but "sock puppet's" a first....Anyway after living in the South West of France for 17 years I can honestly say that unless you are very clever or have a lot of money already then it really is very hard to earn a living here (especially in the rural areas) so think very carefully before moving here for good.

Twinkle please go away...... they all think you are me and I am you and we are friends and siamese twins..... I'm a troll and we're both sock puppets (me being the pompous one). And we've both been around the maypole together. It's a lunatic asylum!!! Get out while you can!!! [:P]

This is bizarre - look at you all! Aren't we all in enough trouble already, struggling to pay our cotisations & facing losing all our savings, marginalised and isolated often enough without descending to this sort of drivel?

There are a lot of mornings I wake up worrying how I am going to pay the one of the kid's extortionate lunch bills - surely we ought to try & be supportive of each other rather than trying to humiliate & denigrate people all the time. 

[&]