Is this a forum or a member's club ?

Jenny Rennes

[quote user="Tresco"]

...NEWSFLASH! From 10 o clock this evening 'til 01.30 my band are playing in an irish pub called the O Sheridans in Carcassonne AND guess who's gonna be there trying to grab the limelight from me?  For 2 days only folks the lunatic who started this controvertial thread the one and only Katy Kopy Kat is visiting me here in France.  Cross my heart and hope to die.  Why don't you come along  and enjoy a bucket of vodka with us?  You could wear a carnation on your jacket or something or just come and make yourself known to me. Go on it'll be a laugh!

Oh how I wish I could, but I am nowhere near there.

You should post a version of this message in the relevant 'regions of France' section

[/quote]

Thank you my darling, we had and are having a fabulous time, bewildered that Qillan didn't turn up for the event, never mind mystery is obviously part of  the charm of this forum. So sorry that you live so far away we would have a BLAST!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flying - How about - Harvard, flying pig (Varsity), Hastings,

Shacklton (tail dragger version), Devon, Dove, Heinkle 110 (Confederate

Airforce USA), P51T, Beverly, C130, Cambera PR2, Hunter T4, Meteor T2,

Lightening T7, Buccaneer S2C, Phantom FGR2,

Quillan,

Based on the lack of single seaters in list I'm guessing you were a Nav,   how close am I ?

Hunters at 229 OCU and Vulcans at Waddo were more my scene, when the UK had an airforce that is.

Regards

[quote user="powerdesal"]

Flying - How about - Harvard, flying pig (Varsity), Hastings, Shacklton (tail dragger version), Devon, Dove, Heinkle 110 (Confederate Airforce USA), P51T, Beverly, C130, Cambera PR2, Hunter T4, Meteor T2, Lightening T7, Buccaneer S2C, Phantom FGR2,

Quillan,

Based on the lack of single seaters in list I'm guessing you were a Nav,   how close am I ?
Hunters at 229 OCU and Vulcans at Waddo were more my scene, when the UK had an airforce that is.

Regards
[/quote]

RAF, 29 Squadron and RAE Farnborough. Know what you mean about the RAF and Navy. Last Tornadoes and Harriers flew last week. Still we are all mates now who needs the armed forces, certainly not Labour.

I will have to leave you lovely people now and go and earn a crust.  Looking forward to a good read and a chuckle tomorrow.  Seems a long way off .....................................................

WOW! Thanks Tresco, he takes a while to get going (I don't haveADSL... yet), but when he does... something Prince Charles about him, maybe it's the ears.

You've certainly got into Spring since you kicked off your Winter Charentaises...   any more (for me and Ab).

Image Preview    You don't get these in Corsica!

[quote user="le bouffon"]"IS THIS A FORUM OR A MEMBERS CLUB"or a I love tresco fan club?[/quote]

I think I do - but don't tell my hubby!!

I would also like to say I think it's a disgrace the way this thread has gone in so many directions!!  So.... can someone please let me know if we should avoid the 1st & 8th May (holidays) to come over house hunting?  Will shops, estate agents etc. be closed? (thought I'd take advantage, as everyone is reading this thread!!)

That was a great link Mrs Animal! I thought it was about a lovely rosebush or a freemontadendron though!

Speaking of lovely plants, I have just returned from me little wooden house in Normandie, while there I had a call from Madame Flugenbeek from Firfol to go round to her place to look at a lovely blue variety of Lavatera. I went round to see her and what a welcome I had! she wrapped her arms round me and hugged me so tight and so much like a big bear that I thought we may suffer from involuntary combustions. After about half an hour I asked to view her lovely bush, she took me outside and revealed the most lovely thing I had ever seen in the whole wild world. She could see I had gone all quare and said  in her grand little French accent "it is for you mon petite robinet"  It was the highlight of me trip! I would love to show it to anyone that is interested.

It's grand to see you back Mrs Tresco! Where have you been? I am dissapointed there has been no pregnancies while I was gone Mrs Tresco! maybe when I return in april?

I remember getting the twinkle from Bridget Gill back in County Kildare! She got it every sunday after mass. Me and her would spend hours drawing little paper trouser suits and twin sets and cutting them out to put on the girl on the back. She once made a full size pair of bell bottoms out of paper and coloured them in with her orange crayon. and gave them to me for me 11th birthday! no one has ever done anything like that for me since! 

Does yer woman that flies them cargo planes carry animals I wonder? How come you are all lesbians now?