Price of land

Hi Searcher,

I looked for land in France a few years ago and I found there wasnt a great deal of variance between plots available which indicates they would use the same methods as us in UK ie. using comparable market evidence of nearby land which has recently sold.  However, I did not find this so much with property.  More like throw a sum against the wall and hope it sticks. 

I should have bought down there?  That would have been nice bouf.  Can you imagine it, me popping over to yours, our new British neighbour with a chep bottle of plonk.  'Hi sorry just moved here, dont speak french but nice to get friendly with the english'.  I'm sure you would help me open my bank account, sign me up at the doctors and even occasionally meet the kids from school.  Ahhh and what about all those loverly sunday afternoons BBq ing on the yacht.  Missed out there didnt I.  [:D] X

• 2 weeks later...
I have been an agent for the last few years in the area, and although I have recently taken a break I will give you a ball park figure. This is very dependent on the position and you can pay a bit less or alot more, it must be special to pay alot more! Say 6 to 8 euros a square metre with CU but negotiate on the services being put into place. Do not buy without CU or a suspensive clause for CU if you want to build, and if possible use a recommended local architect to get full planning permission.Ask EDF and the water board (SAUR) for an official devi so you know what the services are going to cost. Also keep in with the maire as although he does not make final decisions his support will be invaluable.

There is a piece of land approx 1800m² on the Isle de Batz just offshore from Roscoff currently for sale at 388,000€ and although with the beach on the doorstep,there is no indication that you could build anything you wanted if permission is allowed at all.

[quote user="sturner"]I have been an agent for the last few years in the area, and although I have recently taken a break I will give you a ball park figure. This is very dependent on the position and you can pay a bit less or alot more, it must be special to pay alot more! Say 6 to 8 euros a square metre with CU but negotiate on the services being put into place. Do not buy without CU or a suspensive clause for CU if you want to build, and if possible use a recommended local architect to get full planning permission.Ask EDF and the water board (SAUR) for an official devi so you know what the services are going to cost. Also keep in with the maire as although he does not make final decisions his support will be invaluable.[/quote]

thank you very much for your very useful comment and for everyone else for that matter! may i pm you sturner if i have further questiosn if decide to go down this route? thanks in advance.

Approx 1800m² land fronting the sea for sale on Batz island a few minutes off Roscoff for the price of 388,000€. It dosn't say on the immobiliers whether there is permission to build or not and then you would be very restricted to keep in with the island architecture.

Of course you can email me personally but I am not familliar with how to do this, do i need to give you my email address on here or can you find it anyway? I will help all I can and look forward to hearing from you again

Sarah

Hi

Different parts of France attract very different prices for building land.

Building land is very variable on price even within the same commune. It varies from Euro 5 to Euro 550 / m2 across France. In my village, it is currently Euro 150/m2. I'm sure Paris & some coastal areas are even more.

You can get an idea from building land for sale on the notaires site : http://www.immonot.com

Rural parts of Dept 46 seem to be in the Euro 10 - Euro 30 / m2 band

Peter