Good News

Alec Elliott

[quote user="Alec Elliott"]

For all those people who just had nasty comments and unhelpful and sarcastic comments. Go boil your heads, cos I have done it.

[/quote]

[quote user="icmenuiserie"]well done, what are you doing for a job then??[/quote]

Diplomat.

The comments were on other posts that I had put on here to do with finding work in France.

It is not working bed and bored, as that was a last attempt I am off to be a chef/cook again, as I did many years ago so something that I know and can hopefully do well.

Anyway it's only a little place but they want someone to take it forward with new stuffies on the menu. I am just surprised that I managed to survive the interview never mind about the 2 day trial. I have never been so terrified in my life.

Well thanks to all those that gave some very good advice.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations Alec.

I think its brilliant that you have stood your ground and won out over the desenters. I know that Chefs are particular who they share their secrets with but what is the recipe for your success and in particular the one for boiling heads. 

Molar

My head is probably well and truly boiled - I imagine you include me in your comment as I always urge caution to those who think they will easily be able to find work in France, at least in rural areas. I know it is possible as Mrs Will has held a salaried position in France for the last 4-5 years and it is good to see somebody else bucking the trend and showing it can be done.