Work for bed and bored

Alec Elliott

[quote user="TWINKLE"] .......Missy started -  well I just couldn't help myself!  Honest, Miss[:-))][/quote]

I couldn't help myself either !.... the bored bit got me giggling no end !.... 

Poor lad can't knock him for wanting to work though, he must be meaning board as in 'board&lodgings'..... I do hope he finds a job... then he probably made the mistake on purpose to get us going ... stoopid silly women that we are!!

Seriously Alec!

You could try checking out the chateaus who do weddings and functions, they are often looking for a sort of guardien who lives in and looks after the grounds and the maintenance.  You'll have more of a chance if you're single and before anyone says that I'm chatting you up I'm not - honest! 

I can cook (worked as a cook/chef in England for many years), I can clean to the point of obsession (I do like a clean and tidy house). Fairly good at DIY, mowing lawns. I spent 6+ years in credit control and working in an office envronment and spent the last 3+ years working for Jarvis rail and Network rail, in workforce safety and investigations.

My level of French is ok but not perfect and am learning all the time, I am confident and will try almost anything once.

BTW twinkle it's ok and it was a spelling mistake and don't worry about the flirting I bat for the over side.....lol

Will try the local Chateau's

[quote user="Alec Elliott"]

BTW twinkle it's ok and it was a spelling mistake and don't worry about the flirting I bat for the over side.....lol

[/quote]

I DO love a challenge[:)]

Good luck! 

Go on the web-sites that advertise for weddings and conferences and the like - ring 'em up and just work your charm kid!

[quote user="Tresco"]Twinks, you sound like................................. a man!!!

Give the guy the web address, at least!!!!

[/quote]

Tresc! Well I AM a fairy!!!

You'll find out tomorrow[:-))]

Ok Alec!  Try these people http://www.chateau-croisillat.com/

I did a wedding there last October and their guardian was nearing retirement - they were looking for someone to take over.  Give it a try - you never know they may still be looking. 

This another link for a directory of chateaux all over France

http://www.chateaux-story.com/fr/partenaires.php

Good luck[kiss][:)][;-)][6]

• 2 months later...

Hello Alec,

In process of buying in Brittany and you sound just what I'm looking for. I need someone that can turn there hand to anything and live as one of the family possibly or separate accomodation if preferred. My son is a singer entertainer and so we would be travelling back to UK for gigs etc, some part of the year. But living the ideal in France need someone that we can trust to take care of animals and holiday business whilst we're away.

If you are at all interested please contact via Pm or email please.

Kind regards

Gail