New Profession Liberale set up - how long for Carte Vitale etc to arrive??

Abbaye

Hi I have set up a new business here (start day 1 April 07), and an classed I have been informed as a Profession Liberale.  My "caisse" is the RSI in Paris due to Profession Liberale status.  Anyone else been through this process?  I am concerned that I have not received a social security no or carte vitale yet but have been told it can take up to 3 months.  My worry is what should happen if I have to go to hspital in an emergency - I will not have a soc security number etc.

Thanks.

Slacko

Did you not have a social security number already?

You should receive an attestation from your caisse very soon, the actual card will take several weeks but before that arrives you can pay the doctor, pharmacy etc and claim from your caisse by returning the feuiles de soins, using the number on your attestation. This is your social security number. If you hear nothing from your caisse then telephone them.

If you have only just arrived in France you can use your EHIC until you are in the French system.

Hi Will, no I dont have a number yet - its taken a long time to set up this business.  I am from Jersey and told them that I would no longer need coverage under their social sec as from 1 April - that date being the date my business is activated from.