Job needed..

SS2002

..I am working part-time, but ti's very hit and miss and not bringing in too much money, so I am looking for something else!  My husbadn recently had a stroke and is now not working so it is dependent on me otherwise we will have to move back to the UK and I don't want to do that, nor does my young daughter!

So, does anybody know of anything - I have previous UK experience in Sales and Marketing and Buying (for large companies) and was also a Civil Servant for 6.5 years.  I have a teaching certificate and can speak French; I am able to type, use computers and am generally very PC literate.

Despite the experience of above, I am ready and willing to do ANY work - chambermaid type jobs, cleaning, anything!

I would be eternally grateful if anybody could help!

Many thanks,

Sandra

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah please Russet House!
I am asking Sandra  where is she based because I will be looking for someone to employ very soon.I can not understand why you are "getting funny again"

As far as I can see there has been no indication of  Sandras location....but you are telling me to look somewhere for it.

People in this area ...many French and English have  many jobs/professions and juggle very happily.I will be doing the same in a few weeks.If I can help someone get some work[paid legally] else then I am happy.

[quote user="Russethouse"]If you look at the sig of the person who has answered your pet post, you may find an idea ? [I][/quote]

RH  not getting confused between jonzjob and jon by any chance?  Jon has not posted any pet posts that I can see, which one you thinking of? Why cannot it be compulsory as was suggested once,  that people post their department or UK county?

[quote user="Clair"]Ron and Jon, I believe RH's post was addressed to the OP, in reply to a call for job suggestions.
[/quote]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  so RH meant look at http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1175258/ShowPost.aspx[I

But thats odd I thought Di not John lived in France, not the UK and if you worked in France ie where your bum is parked, for a UK company you had to register it as a French subsidary or isn't that the case?

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]I have read through this thread twice and have come to the conclusion that I don't understand very much about how to use this Forum after all. I think others must have had special training.[/quote]

Thank God there's someone else as flummoxed as me. [8-)] This thread might just as well be written in arabic for the ammount i've understood.

[quote user="raindog"]Thank God there's someone else as flummoxed as me. [8-)] This thread might just as well be written in arabic for the ammount i've understood.[/quote]

I think what happened was jon took RH's first post as an answer to her previous post which it wasn't, it was a suggestion to the OP to look at her thread about pets and she might find an idea for work from one of her replies.

Jon seemed to think RH was 'getting funny again' !! and took it personally.

the OP and a lot of other FM  put their location under their user name,  so Jon you could have seen the the OP was from department 17 but near 33 without asking where they were[:)]

[quote user="Jacqui Too "]

the OP and a lot of other FM  put their location under their user name,  so Jon you could have seen the the OP was from department 17 but near 33 without asking where they were[:)]

[/quote]

Its even more complicated due to some sneaky editing and additions.

The OP has added where she lives SINCE making the original post, that is why Jon asked the question.  RH has also edited her post to include the thread that I included in my post, so both jon and I now look a bit daft........ No comments from you Gay thank you stay out of the room until you are asked to come back in[:P]

[quote user="Ron Avery"][quote user="Jacqui Too "]

[/quote]

Its even more complicated due to some sneaky editing and additions.

The OP has added where she lives SINCE making the original post, that is why Jon asked the question.  RH has also edited her post to include the thread that I included in my post, so both jon and I now look a bit daft........ No comments from you Gay thank you stay out of the room until you are asked to come back in[:P]

[/quote]

I almost asked the same question as jon but she beat me to it. Someone with a less strong constitution than jon obviously has, could start cracking up after a thread like this! [:)]